Author Topic: Water Cooled Muffler - New Design  (Read 2186 times)

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 73
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: 1 EX21/17 / 2 KX21
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
Re: Water Cooled Muffler - New Design
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2020, 11:35:15 PM »
 \./8 :) \./8
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline MAXTORQUE

• Cool Points: 15
  • Engine: Subaru
  • Model Year: 2011
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2020, 07:33:07 AM »
Very impressive Tom, you never rest on your laurels always looking to improve.  I can remember some of your early clutches attempts always trying to come up with a better "mouse trap".  There is a LOT of work going into each of those mufflers and when you see the pieces, the tig weld, the solder, and the lathe parts then figure the assembly time you know it is a labor of love for what you are doing.  It is my favorite site to visit being a former owner of two of the Mokai's. 

Jim 

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
    • Painless Products
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2020, 08:07:07 AM »
Thank you Jim, means a lot coming from you. Had I not had your help with parts to come up with the clutch for these boats, I doubt I would have, and we wouldn't be having this conversation now.. So a big BIG Thank You once again, my friend.  \./8 It took a few days to make those four mufflers but knowing they are built right and will work even better than anything before them makes it well worth the effort. I'm glad my MIG welding looks good enough to be seen as TIG, but haven't had a chance to learn that process yet!!  ;D haha
Tom

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline Californiamokai

• Cool Points: 11
  • Engine: RS SP-210 w/17 ES
  • Model Year: 2006
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2021, 11:24:18 AM »
My new muffler has now been in  since the first of the year.  I’ve given it enough time now to review my observations as follows:  straight forward installation with no issues, can not detect any objectionable sound levels,  no signs of rust as a problem with prior muffler due to brackish waters of delta, no observation of increased performance (speed) but temperature of engine compartment cooler then before and totally agree that well built and will stand the test of time.

Tom accommodated my request to have the water outlet jet out to the side in lieu of directly behind.  Much easier to visually look over left should to see that water is coming out. My water often can partially block the water inlet circulation from pump to intercooler to muffler.  As usual, another welcomed retrofit on my vintage 2006 model.  Well done Tom!  Tight lines, John

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
    • Painless Products
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2021, 01:18:59 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, John. Very glad to hear it's performing as expected, I've personally been very happy with all of mine too. Much better than the copper tubing method that was so delicate. I wanted them to be like a tank, and so far it's worked out just the way I envisioned. Well worth the extra work to build! Thanks again, and enjoy!!!  \./8
Tom

www.PainlessClutch.com