Author Topic: Easy Velcro Rod/Paddle Holder  (Read 725 times)

Offline Beachcomber

• Cool Points: 2
Easy Velcro Rod/Paddle Holder
« on: July 04, 2020, 03:10:21 PM »
The stock o-ring and posts being pretty much useless and less than secure, I replaced them this weekend.

One one side I replaced it with a kayak bungee paddle holder, I had a similar setup on an old sit-on top and it worked great, was quick and easy.  I may see if I can modify the posts or bungee ends to incorporate both posts and bungee which would be even more secure.  I was able to use the existing holes for posts and the cockpit edge support rod.

On the other side I used Velcro One Wrap in 1 1/2".  Just removed the post, punch two holes in the velcro to pass the bolt through and re-rebolted, I did have to ditch the washer to have enough threads but it is a low stress area, you could get a longer post screw as well.  On the front holder I added an extra loop of velcro you could pass the rod butt or tip through, just have to size it to fit what ever you have.

Simple, cheap and easy to replace.

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 75
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21/17,2 KX21,CH395
  • Model Year: 2003,2011,2015,2021
Re: Easy Velcro Rod/Paddle Holder
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 03:42:41 PM »
Good job. I use that velcro strapping just like that for all kinds of things, from Mokais to airplanes and everything in between. Stuff is invaluable.
https://www.mcmaster.com/9402T61/
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline Beachcomber

• Cool Points: 2
Re: Easy Velcro Rod/Paddle Holder
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 01:50:48 AM »
It’s great stuff, secure as a ziptie but easy to remove.