$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; Steering Relocation Kit

Author Topic: Steering Relocation Kit  (Read 5387 times)

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 55
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
Steering Relocation Kit
« on: August 22, 2012, 10:33:52 PM »
This kit moves your steering out of the cockpit area and on to the top side of the hull. It includes everything needed to mark the new holes and secure it. You provide the time and tools.

$85 + Shipping

You will get -

• Pre-Drilled relocation brackets
  • Pre-Drilled and Powder coated stiffening plate
  • Stainless mounting hardware
  • Storage Weather cover
  • Written instructions with pictures

Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline Ctmokai

• Cool Points: 5
  • Engine: Subaru
  • Model Year: 2010
Re: Steering Relocation Kit
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 08:08:44 AM »
I purchased the steering kit, and absolutely love it ! For me it is much more comfortable on the wrist and arm. While using the skirt the stock position was very awkward. Not to mention the ease of getting in and out. I do have one suggestion for a added option. I have been thinking about adding a splash shield to keep my hand a bit dryer, especially with the cold weather coming. Maybe neoprene, or something soft with a pad for a arm rest. Lol the guys paddling will really hate to see me coming "up" river with my feet up just chilling  :)

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
    • Painless Products
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 09:54:28 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you like the kit! I look forward to seeing what you come up with for a splash shield, not something I've required, but I can see how some would find it necessary.
Tom

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline bravodelta

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 6
  • Engine: EX21
  • Model Year: 2012
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 01:03:14 AM »
I recommend the Painless Steering Kit to everyone.... I love it too!!!!

Bob
Bravodelta

Offline Austen

• Cool Points: 4
  • Model Year: 2014CW
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 02:22:55 PM »
Hi Tom,
With all the newly discovered electronic related problems on the Es-Kape,I wonder what prevent us from converting the Es-kape to a manually controlled boat similar to the old boat. Your designed steering system for the old boat appears to be well liked by everyone .Although I have not taken delivery of my Es-Kape and only observed the pictures,I do not understand why one or several small holes could not be made in the upper part of the bulkheads between the the mid section and the stern section in order for installation of " rapid connection" type control cables for steering,speed and bucket control.I fully realize that connecting these cables each time the boat is taken apart obviously will take additional time, but I would like to hear your opinion regarding such redesign of the Es-Kape control system.I personally ordered the new boat for the simple reason that I hoped to be able to transport the boat in my Motor home, something that would be impossible with the old Mokai.A few extra minutes connecting the control cables would therefore not bother me and the fish would obviously not object to their several minutes extended life.
Austen

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
    • Painless Products
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 12:21:41 AM »
Something will need to be done as many people are going to grow very tired of the servo setup and the potential problems. However, there is nothing I can do about it without having a boat in hand to develop a workaround cable system. And since such processes require much trial and error, I would not be comfortable using a customers boat for such a project and I have no intentions of buying one myself. The time and effort required to make such a thing happen, and then make it available for purchase, has to have a market to make it worth while. I couldn't justify spending $6k + and months of re designing and testing to have something a dozen people might want over the next couple years. When enough people start selling their boats because they aren't what Mokai promised and they can't work on them themselves, Mokai will have to start paying attention to their customers.
Tom

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline Austen

• Cool Points: 4
  • Model Year: 2014CW
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 09:33:49 PM »
Tom, I fully agree with you and I will most likely begin working on my boat when I take possession. As you have stated, Mokai must pay attention to the problem but in the meantime I will make certain that I safely can use the boat without being drifting without control somewhere in the wilderness and without manual control of the motor and steering. My boat is now on its way to Northern CA where I keep my motor home.We will hit 100 degree here in AZ this week and it is time for me to move Northward and explore the Northern rivers and mountain lakes. If my location had been close to you I would most certainly have provided you with my boat for your expertize and evaluation. Since I will order your Clutch ,I will mail you the Muffler when I take possession of the boat.
Austen

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
    • Painless Products
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 09:39:23 PM »
Sounds good Austen, once you start working on it I'd be glad to have you bounce ideas off me. I'm sure I could help point you in the right direction if needed.  ;D
Tom

www.PainlessClutch.com