$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; Purchasing and installing a depth finder/fish finder

Author Topic: Purchasing and installing a depth finder/fish finder  (Read 4638 times)

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 59
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
Re: Purchasing and installing a depth finder/fish finder
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2019, 05:44:16 PM »
I just scuffed up the floor of the hull and stuck a bead of the ultra grey down for the pvc and used my finger to smear it around the outside perimeter for more contact. The puck just sits in the pvc, I can pull it out easily if needed. Antifreeze didn't last long, it would evaporate eventually and then I'd be on the river trying to scoop some water in there to get me by. Oil has worked very well, I haven't had to do anything since I put that in there. I can turn a piece down to fit a puck, I have one on the shelf I can use to make sure it fits right. Will holler at you when I get it done.  \./8
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline Mokai Dreamin'

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 20
  • Engine: Kohler
  • Model Year: 2019 ES-Kape 2.0
Re: Purchasing and installing a depth finder/fish finder
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2019, 07:29:07 PM »
Sounds great Tom. No rush at all. About to moth ball the boat for winter. Keep in mind this is for ES-Kape so will have to angle the bottom a bit to compensate for hull angle or give me some extra length and I can cut to fit. I want to keep puck level. If this doesn't work, I will probably mount to trim tab, which seems like a good location as well. I can use pvc either way though.

Best,
Troy