$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; Finally put an anchor on my 2011

Author Topic: Finally put an anchor on my 2011  (Read 5673 times)

Offline Mokai Dreamin'

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 13
  • Engine: Kohler
  • Model Year: 2019 ES-Kape 2.0
Re: Finally put an anchor on my 2011
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2018, 04:15:15 PM »
I have the anchor wizard on my Stik boat. I like the chute, and it secures the anchor quite nicely, and makes for a pretty nice appearance as well. I used my old anchor mate for the actual reel though, and it's quite a bit cheaper to purchase. The difference is one has the line exposed and the other doesn't, but they both work on the same clutch principle. I don't know that you would need to add an extra wheel for the anchor wizard, whereas you kind of need to have one for the anchor mate.

There's some photos in the beginning of this thread that illustrate the extra wheel.

The only other thing I can add is to make sure you have a knife on hand to cut the line in case of emergency.  I guess there is something to be said for a loose reel  you can toss overboard with some kind of flotation.  That way you can go back and retrieve it at least.
Best,
Troy

Offline Maritimer

• Cool Points: 7
  • Engine: Stock Subaru
  • Model Year: 2017
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2018, 05:26:44 PM »
Thanks for the advice guys. I looked at the Anchor Wizard and thought that maybe it was a bit much for a kayak so I ordered the AnchorMate. I should be able to try it out in two months when the ice leaves the rivers.

That's a good tip about keeping a knife handy. My neighbour rolled his kayak while reaching behind to pull in the anchor. The line wound around his neck and pulled him under. Only a good life jacket and a watchful cottager on shore with a boat saved him.

== Steve ==

Offline Drenthe

• Cool Points: 5
  • Engine: Subaru
  • Model Year: 2012
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2018, 08:18:41 AM »
Do any of you have any experience with the anchor wizard? Concerned that it is too flimsy and that I won’t be able to replace paracord with braided nylon without hangups. Also thinking that I would like to be able to see the line as it spools.

Offline CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 39
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 Head - ES
  • Model Year: 2010 (2)
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018, 12:27:24 PM »
Do any of you have any experience with the anchor wizard? Concerned that it is too flimsy and that I won’t be able to replace paracord with braided nylon without hangups. Also thinking that I would like to be able to see the line as it spools.

I remember John had one. He sold his Mokai but you might be able to PM him to ask a few questions. If you click on the pictures, you can really zoom in on the Anchor Wizard.
http://www.improvingyourmokai.com/index.php/topic,1193.msg10350.html#msg10350
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️