$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; I'm just a big Kid....

Author Topic: I'm just a big Kid....  (Read 55698 times)

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 59
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
Re: I'm just a big Kid....
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2013, 10:10:57 PM »
Definitely, will have lots of video like I did with Mini-MO!

Here is a teaser vid of it running.  ;)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPfNGlSdMZc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPfNGlSdMZc</a>
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline techj527

• Cool Points: 2
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2013, 01:55:34 PM »
All that alloy on the pede will make it a tank. Only thing I would have done different is used plastic a arms instead. Integy alloy won't bounce back after a hard hit or cartwheel off a bad landing. I loved my mcpx. They are fun little birds.  That weedeater airboat is awesome. Looks like it moves a lot of air. Test run looks to have cleared your lathe of chips in the process. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
    • Painless Products
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2013, 04:23:16 PM »
Nah, you'd be surprised. Really makes a difference in longevity with the brushless setup. At 30 mph, a few of the wrecks would have broken the plastic parts guaranteed, aluminum does help in the right places. The chassis, skid plates and body mounts are still plastic, so there is some flex allowed still. I'm not competing, or even playing with other trucks, so run time isn't a concern either. Just goofing off in the back yard, having fun. I'm putting together a Trex 450 heli right now, almost finished and should have some video of that some day soon.

I got my Bobblehead in today, along with a couple other parts I've been waiting for to finish the Airboat. This weekend should be THE weekend to put it in the water for the debut. I got a bigger prop too, going to bump up from a 14x7 to a 14x9, might be able to use it as a leaf blower? hehe
Tom

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline techj527

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2013, 05:34:34 PM »
I have 2 trex 450's just sitting on a shelf with a bunch of spare parts. One is flybarless with a microbeast the other is the flybared version. I got them in a trade from a buddy. Im not confident in my piloting skills yet to grab the sticks on either of them. Ill stick to my micros. Perhaps we can make a trade in the future for some mokai work when I get the new gen unit.

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
    • Painless Products
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2013, 06:26:37 PM »
As you know, it's all about LOTS of practice... Simulator is priceless, if you don't have one yet. Once thing that is nice about the micros is they all come set to run, no adjustments to the links or head, and balancing isn't much of an issue. Not to mention you can crash the micro and usually get away with no damage. I'm converting my 450 to the DFC head, never did like the flybar setup. Just need to finish balancing the blades and level the swash, then wait for a calm day with no wind. Have you every played with airplanes? I lost my last one to a loose Rx Crystal, so a buddy gave me a larger plane that needed to be restored that I'm almost finished with too. Can't wait to get some aerial video footage with that. 68" wingspan with flaperons, and an OS .61 SF engine with 11x7 prop, should be fun.

We'll see how it goes when you're ready for that Mokai work, might be able to work something out.. anything is possible, I'll keep it in mind.
Tom

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline techj527

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2013, 07:25:20 PM »
I have 3 of the pz micro planes. The night vapor, the polecat and the umx yak. I also have the msr, msrx, and nqx. I also dabble in on and off road I have a very build axial wraith, an axial exo terra an scx10. And an hpi tcx touring car.

All in all, don't feel alone in being a big kid. My wife says I'm the biggest kid she knows.

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
    • Painless Products
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2013, 08:10:44 PM »
Very cool man, I've been wanting to get a Wraith. You've got a nice RC garage built up there, tons of fun for sure. I'm starting to get comfortable with some 3D heli flying on the simulator, even put my mCPX in stunt mode and did some flips and rolls successfully. Good times.  \./8

Now for the update.

My airboat catptain has reported for duty... He should be ready for his first mission tomorrow, as long as the weather clears up!

Some might notice the fuel tank has been moved, the fill cap has a vent in it and was wanting to leak... So moving it upright was necessary, also makes it easier to fill.

Tom

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline techj527

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2013, 08:40:13 PM »
Ready to pilot he is. The force runs strong in this one.

Offline techj527

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2013, 08:52:44 PM »

Offline techj527

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2013, 09:04:42 PM »
I have yet to add my interior, spare tire, wench, and accessories like a tree saver, sand ladders etc. The takin roc412 combo makes for a real driveline snapper.

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
    • Painless Products
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2013, 10:02:42 PM »
Don't know if you've checked this guy out before, he makes some cool videos and has achieved "biggest kid" title hands down. lol

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxcjVHL-2o3D6Q9esu05a1Q
Tom

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline techj527

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2013, 12:00:16 AM »
Djmedic makes awesom videos.he has some very good waterproofing how tos' as well.

Offline bravodelta

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 6
  • Engine: EX21
  • Model Year: 2012
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2013, 12:22:33 AM »
Very cool man, I've been wanting to get a Wraith. You've got a nice RC garage built up there, tons of fun for sure. I'm starting to get comfortable with some 3D heli flying on the simulator, even put my mCPX in stunt mode and did some flips and rolls successfully. Good times.  \./8

Now for the update.

My airboat catptain has reported for duty... He should be ready for his first mission tomorrow, as long as the weather clears up!

Some might notice the fuel tank has been moved, the fill cap has a vent in it and was wanting to leak... So moving it upright was necessary, also makes it easier to fill.

(Image removed from quote.)

Captain needs to pin his ears back or he'll also take off!!!! LOL Looking good..... Take videos.....
Bravodelta

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
    • Painless Products
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2013, 04:40:28 PM »
Put it in the water today, and while everything worked perfectly..... Fast, it was not. Motor / prop combo were just too small for the scale, at least the motor was. I needed to see 10,000 rpm at the prop but could only get 6700... so the missing speed could have made a big difference. If I can find a bigger chainsaw motor for the right price, I might see about upgrading and using a bigger prop.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrQlBCoGyQw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrQlBCoGyQw</a>
Tom

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline bravodelta

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 6
  • Engine: EX21
  • Model Year: 2012
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2013, 10:27:49 PM »
Put it in the water today, and while everything worked perfectly..... Fast, it was not. Motor / prop combo were just too small for the scale, at least the motor was. I needed to see 10,000 rpm at the prop but could only get 6700... so the missing speed could have made a big difference. If I can find a bigger chainsaw motor for the right price, I might see about upgrading and using a bigger prop.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrQlBCoGyQw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrQlBCoGyQw</a>

OUTSTANDING TOM!!!!!!!!!!!! Makes a nice size wake.... Okay..... Do you think I can catch a ride now???? Good job......
Bravodelta