$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; “Cush-it”

Author Topic: “Cush-it”  (Read 1926 times)

Offline 2mokaiman

• Global Moderator
  • Cool Points: 17
  • Engine: KX21
  • Model Year: 2 - 2012
“Cush-it”
« on: August 15, 2013, 12:48:07 AM »
I wanted to post this awhile ago and I kept forgetting about it. Fishin247 told me about this product back in early June. If you ever have dropped your fishing rod into the water and watched it go to the bottom this is the answer to that problem. You push this soft piece of foam onto the bottom of your rod handle and if you drop it into the water it will keep the handle floating and sticking out of the water so you can get your rod back. It works quite well and is very comfortable against your body when you are reeling in a big one.I will post the link for the web site and a picture of it for all to see. You can easily remove it to put the rod back into the rod holder if you have one. This is a great product
http://lunaseasports.com/#!prettyPhoto/4/
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 12:50:03 AM by 2mokaiman »

Offline bravodelta

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 6
  • Engine: EX21
  • Model Year: 2012
Re: “Cush-it”
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 12:52:44 AM »
Great product Tim. Good to keep one on the boat. Can always remove it from one rod and put it on another.

Bob
Bravodelta

Offline Dragon

• Cool Points: 4
  • Engine: None
  • Model Year: None yet
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 02:49:31 PM »
Great product/ idea !!! I could have used a couple years ago! Could you repost in the parts page to make it easily found for later!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 02:51:46 PM by Dragon »

Offline Odie

• Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 17
  • Engine: RS
  • Model Year: 2008
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 10:36:02 PM »
Great idea, the dog never did get used to a scuba tank.  ;)

Offline Fishin247

• Cool Points: 12
  • Engine: EX21
  • Model Year: 2011
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 06:09:05 PM »
I found another handy addition to my rod that allows me to measure "the big ones" before releasing them here in PA.  Rather than struggling with a tape or hard ruler, I just hold the bass up against my rod and even with the bottom -- and instant measurement.

The clear stick-on ruler is 36 inches long.  Since I measure from the bottom of my rod, I cut the ruler to start at 14 on the rod and stop at 24 inches (wishfull thinking for smallie fishing) and it goes on easy, stays on; but is easy to peel off if you want to remove it.

The link to the website is:  http://www.jrwfishing.com/rodRuler.htm

Here are a few pictures with the rod-floater that has already saved my day once this year.