$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; My ES-kape with KX21!

Author Topic: My ES-kape with KX21!  (Read 608 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 40
  • Engine: Subaru
  • Model Year: many
Re: My ES-kape with KX21!
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2020, 07:46:00 AM »
If you find a KX, Duff, snag it.  The torque makes a difference at all speeds.  You won't get the top speed of the newer hulls but it will be faster  than it was and it is nice going up the rapids.

Tom sure is right about the rings.  I bottomed out on the Yough this week and could feel the difference right away.  Resurfaced two last night.
I'm going to make a new JB spreader for the rings to make it faster to do.  Tom, i enjoy all of your improvements, but your wear ring is the one no Mokai should be without.  Thanks

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 65
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: 2 EX21/17 / 1 KX21
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2020, 10:33:02 AM »
I've been using a piece of linkage rod to spread the JB lately, can spread it in a continuous path for a cleaner more consistent finish. Basically any 1/8" round rod would work, try it next time.  ;D

I made it out yesterday for another test run, ran like a champ. Hit 16.7 going, and 18.79 coming back down. Seeing these speeds at the current river stage of 4.5' is very impressive, when I hit my speed records with the ES-kape in the past it was 19-20 mph and during flood stage of 13-14'.

The next flood season is going to be pretty exciting, can't wait.  >:D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU6aeMhX6zs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU6aeMhX6zs</a>
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline Larry

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 24
  • Engine: Subaru
  • Model Year: 2007/2007
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2020, 04:52:50 PM »
Nice video Tom. I'm really impressed with the speed. I usually run around 10 mph.

Offline Relichunter

• Cool Points: 13
  • Engine: Honda
  • Model Year: 2009
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2020, 09:01:04 AM »
I've been using a piece of linkage rod to spread the JB lately, can spread it in a continuous path for a cleaner more consistent finish. Basically any 1/8" round rod would work, try it next time.  ;D

Thanks for this tip Tom. I used a small length of 1/8 brazing rod to apply the JB weld to the wear ring. I was able to do a much nicer job than using a utility knife blade.  \./8