$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; CW - Mokai Sights and Sounds

Author Topic: CW - Mokai Sights and Sounds  (Read 9991 times)

Offline CC-CODER

• Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 58
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 Head - ES
  • Model Year: 2010 (2)
Re: CW - Mokai Sights and Sounds
« Reply #210 on: October 26, 2020, 10:36:05 AM »
Some old with the new on these bridge columns.
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 65
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: 2 EX21/17 / 1 KX21
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
« Reply #211 on: October 26, 2020, 08:20:10 PM »
Nice one.  \./8
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline CC-CODER

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #212 on: October 26, 2020, 09:27:50 PM »
Hard to believe that trains cross over it. We were on Conneaut Creek in NE Ohio, supposedly a very good spot for Steelhead trout.
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline CC-CODER

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #213 on: October 30, 2020, 06:05:58 PM »
The highs and the lows....
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
    • Painless Products
« Reply #214 on: October 30, 2020, 06:11:39 PM »
Some really good ones this time! I'd like to see more of the double, and the last one.  \./8
Tom

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline CC-CODER

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #215 on: October 30, 2020, 08:12:18 PM »
I can't find another good picture of that one, so I guess this will have to do.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ktkXMjFClI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ktkXMjFClI</a>
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 08:13:56 PM by CC-CODER »
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
    • Painless Products
« Reply #216 on: October 31, 2020, 08:42:15 PM »
Nice video, definitely enjoyed it! The one carousel type bridge that was opening was really cool. Nice touch adding my bridge at the end. That was a fun day!  \./8
Tom

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline Relichunter

• Cool Points: 14
  • Engine: Honda
  • Model Year: 2009
« Reply #217 on: November 01, 2020, 02:46:55 AM »
I can't find another good picture of that one, so I guess this will have to do.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ktkXMjFClI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ktkXMjFClI</a>

Nice video, thank you for sharing it.

Grand River Ohio has been a mess for fishing for the past couple weeks. Went out 1 day near what we call the “pipe bridge”. Didn’t catch any steelhead. River has been a mess since the rains had started. However that day people were catching them off the pier across from the Coast Guard Station. A fellow told me when I had come in that he had counted at least 56 people on the pier. He said people were lined up shoulder to shoulder. Was a beautiful day in general, just not for river fishing.

Steelhead fishing has been pretty spotty even off the pier. I took this picture a few days ago. Not many people on the pier but a few steelhead were being caught.

Nephew has been musky fishing in Pennsylvania. His son still has him beat for biggest musky of the year.

Offline Relichunter

« Reply #218 on: November 01, 2020, 03:06:20 AM »
Speaking of Mokai Sights, I was trying to tidy up my study a bit. Lots of history books, computer parts, and then I spotted a strange looking unopened box.
Had a better look at the unopened box and saw it was from Mokai to me. I had forgotten all about it but years ago when I bought my Mokai I had also bought a cockpit “spray skirt”. I bought it thinking it would keep me warmer when cold weather fishing. Never used it because I use a cold weather survival coat (type lll pfd) whenever I am out on cold water.
Wonder if it held up in the box over these past 10 or so years? It has been stored in my study from the day I received it.

Anyone interested in it? Fits a 2009 Mokai. This was a spray skirt that wrapped around your body and fastened over the cockpit. I still don’t see much use for it. I imagine it would look like this one.

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
    • Painless Products
« Reply #219 on: November 01, 2020, 07:41:59 AM »
Haha That's cool. I've never seen one of those spray skirts in person but it will fit any 2000-2012 model. And that is quite a fish there!! I can only imagine reeling that one in.. lol I bet that was fun!  :-O
Tom

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline Relichunter

« Reply #220 on: November 01, 2020, 08:40:42 AM »
Haha That's cool. I've never seen one of those spray skirts in person but it will fit any 2000-2012 model. And that is quite a fish there!! I can only imagine reeling that one in.. lol I bet that was fun!  :-O

Gosh Tom, you are a virtual fountain of knowledge on Mokai’s. How the heck would anyone else know cockpit dimensions for different years?

I have taken my Mokai out bass fishing on that same lake. But that musky in a Mokai might present a challenge. :))

I also use my Mokai for fishing difficult waters and to get me to relic hunting spots I can’t access by land. Have had it in the rivers and lakes all over the NE & MW.

Before the Mokai for relic hunting I used to use a small perception kayak with a folding bike to get me back upriver. But pedaling up and down hills gets old fast if you don’t do it often.

And for lakes I still have (but don’t use) one of the first water jet propulsion canoes ever made, a 1960 fiberglass Span. Has a 2&1/2 hp 2 cycle motor with a through hull pump. Steering is done by a tiller arm mounted on top of the motor.

I did break down last week and bought an older Tracker 16’ with a 25hp OMC. Got a great price cause the engine wouldn’t go above a fast idle. Simple fix, 1 loose throttle actuating clamp, a 5 minute fix saved me about $2,000. Might give me a bit more room for cold water fishing.

I am always afraid of cold water. Learned my lesson boat camping for a weekend on my old big cruiser on Kinzua Reservoir in Pa. Early spring, anchored in Cornplanter bay. Looked at the water temperature and it was maybe around 56 degrees or so. I decided I wanted to take a quick bath. Set the soap and towels on the swim platform, put on my swimming trunks and jumped in. OMG, I thought my head was going to explode. Calmed myself and finished a 30 second bath.

Water temps are falling fast up here in Ohio and the NE. Please be careful everyone if going out on cold water. One thing about the Mokai, very hard to turn turtle. Through the summer I had been considering some of the newer sit on top kayaks for fishing. But then I learned it’s not if, but when you turn turtle. That’s not for me. Did it once in my Valley sea kayak off of Sanibel Island in Florida. Too hard to Eskimo roll an 18’ sea kayak. After my bathing experience in cold water I will only venture out on cold water in my Mokai or on a boat suitable for the water conditions.

Be safe everyone and warmest regards to all.

Offline Larry

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 24
  • Engine: Subaru
  • Model Year: 2007/2007
« Reply #221 on: November 01, 2020, 11:49:54 AM »
Speaking of Mokai Sights, I was trying to tidy up my study a bit. Lots of history books, computer parts, and then I spotted a strange looking unopened box.
Had a better look at the unopened box and saw it was from Mokai to me. I had forgotten all about it but years ago when I bought my Mokai I had also bought a cockpit “spray skirt”. I bought it thinking it would keep me warmer when cold weather fishing. Never used it because I use a cold weather survival coat (type lll pfd) whenever I am out on cold water.
Wonder if it held up in the box over these past 10 or so years? It has been stored in my study from the day I received it.

Anyone interested in it? Fits a 2009 Mokai. This was a spray skirt that wrapped around your body and fastened over the cockpit. I still don’t see much use for it. I imagine it would look like this one.

I had 2 Mokai spray skirts for my 2006. Never used them. Nice fish.

Offline CC-CODER

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #222 on: November 01, 2020, 05:21:24 PM »
I could have used the spray skirt a few times trying to get back to the ramp from the Cuyahoga. Weather report today has a marine warning for 8-10 foot swells from OH to NY., might be time to see if the Mokai can also be a surfboard.  :)
Your nephew caught a healthy looking fish. I haven't tried for anything other than catfish, carp, bass and walleye from the Mokai. Me and a Musky would have to tire each other out, then I could try to take out the hook while he's still in the water. Hopefully get the battle on film so I could brag later.
Your old jet powered canoe sounds interesting, do you have any pictures?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 05:31:14 PM by CC-CODER »
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Craig5251

• Mokai Addict Member
  • Cool Points: 37
  • Engine: Subaru KX17, 7hp
  • Model Year: 2012
« Reply #223 on: November 01, 2020, 06:06:21 PM »
I would be interested in one of those skirts. Do you have a price in mind?

Offline CC-CODER

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #224 on: November 02, 2020, 01:25:33 PM »
Not your normal bridges...
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️