$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; Stik Boat

Author Topic: Stik Boat  (Read 782 times)

Offline Rottweilerman

• Mokai Addict Member
  • Cool Points: 22
  • Engine: EX21, With EX17 Head
  • Model Year: Sold my 2015
Stik Boat
« on: August 28, 2019, 03:25:02 PM »

For those who may be interested in an alternative as well as acquiring a second boat to go along with their Mokai, I've include a link to the sale of my Stik Boat.   https://ventura.craigslist.org/boa/d/newbury-park-stik-boat/6998720736.html

Regards, John
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 02:56:49 PM by Painlesstom »

Offline Relichunter

• Cool Points: 4
  • Engine: Honda
  • Model Year: 2009
Re: Stik Boat
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 03:09:08 AM »
Beautiful craft. I love everything about it. Unfortunately I am on the other side of the country (Ohio)  :'(.

Just a quick question, could a Minn Kota iPilot trolling motor quick disconnect plate be mounted on the bow of the craft? I made my own mount for my 2009 Mokai for use in late fall, cold water, steel head fishing in the Lake Erie feeder rivers and streams. For instance I am only 15 minutes away from the Grand River here in NE Ohio. With the added weight of the trolling motor and battery, the little 6hp Honda can barely make 6mph tops. The weight on the bow from the trolling motor makes the Mokai “plow” at best. I can get near 4mph with the trolling motor alone.

Once again, you have a beautiful watercraft.

Offline Hillbilly

• Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 35
  • Engine: Subaru
  • Model Year: many
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 08:00:16 AM »
Hey Relichunter,

I would really like seeing some pictures of your trolling motor setup on the Mokai.  Thanks

Offline niteshft

• Cool Points: 3
  • Engine: honda GC190
  • Model Year: 2007
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 12:24:41 AM »
WOW! That's a crazy price. Just a couple hundred more and I could have 2 of those boats delivered to my door direct from the manufacturer. I don't care what you have for extras and trailers are a dime a dozen. Plus, the JetAngler comes with 2 seats standard. Stik just puts their decal on the JetAngler and charges for a second seat.

Offline Rottweilerman

• Mokai Addict Member
  • Cool Points: 22
  • Engine: EX21, With EX17 Head
  • Model Year: Sold my 2015
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 03:54:19 PM »
WOW! That's a crazy price. Just a couple hundred more and I could have 2 of those boats delivered to my door direct from the manufacturer. I don't care what you have for extras and trailers are a dime a dozen. Plus, the JetAngler comes with 2 seats standard. Stik just puts their decal on the JetAngler and charges for a second seat.
Have a nice day :)

Offline Relichunter

• Cool Points: 4
  • Model Year: 2009
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2019, 02:56:18 PM »
Hey Relichunter,

I would really like seeing some pictures of your trolling motor setup on the Mokai.  Thanks

Hi,
Sorry I haven’t gotten a picture of my trolling motor mount up yet. Unfortunately, I am a retired engineer. Engineers never truly get to retire no matter how hard we try. I am out of the Steel Making Industry and have made too many close friends over my career. I have (can’t) say no when asked for help, pretty much the same as PainlessTom  :))

I will get a couple pictures up this week of some other things I dealt with recently like the darn hull cracking at the impeller housing and a simple cold air intake for the Honda engine.

Offline Drackkor

• Model Year: 2010
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2019, 04:49:19 PM »
Anyone have a review of the aquanami jet kayak? Was curious there is a model with dry storage looks great for fishing has 35 to 40 mile range and is 20 to 27 mph. Price delivered is about same as Mokai.

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 59
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2019, 10:19:28 PM »
My understanding is the Aquanami is the Stik boat. Mokai Dreamin (Troy) had one and posted all about it and it's problems. http://www.improvingyourmokai.com/index.php/topic,1629.0.html
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline Drackkor

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2019, 10:43:52 AM »
Thanks for link a lot of good info in it.

Offline niteshft

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2019, 01:36:46 PM »
I just received my JetAngler yesterday and was impressed with the construction. All stainless and brass parts/fittings and contrary to what others have said, the fiberglass appears sufficiently thick.
 Unfortunately, before it arrived to the States, Trump's tariffs was put into place and the extra cost ate my trailer funds so I won't be able to put it into the water until I find a used, (cheap), trailer. Stik has been hit with tariffs as well, I heard their price has risen to $6,000 to make up for it. I also heard that Aquanami, JetAngler/Stik producer, is coming out with a wider version and will be available coming Spring. I'm already thinking of putting mine up for sale and it hasn't even seen water yet.  ::) I just wish I had learned about it sooner.

Offline Drackkor

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2019, 11:40:15 AM »
Will be interesting if this new model does come out. This compared to Mokai looks a lot more comfortable to travel on. Is it nicer for comfort? Only thing that I would see is a lot of water getting on you that would be the negative. The Mokai you can stay dry in.

Offline niteshft

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2019, 02:27:19 PM »
 I haven't had it in the water yet but it does feel better then the Mokai to sit in. I've gotten soaked when operating the Mokai, the front is much more blunt then the Stik and I believe it wouldn't ride over rough water much easier. The Mokai would spray (a lot) and a little wind would cause the spray to blow onto you. I've had to slow down considerably in order to stay dry and it would take forever to get to my destination. Now, this is with the 1.0 with the 6 hp Honda engine so the speed wasn't much to begin with compared to the Suzuki model.

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 59
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2019, 05:38:21 PM »
You mean Subaru model, and when 1.0 is said here it means the first ES-kape models 2014-2018. Just wanted to clarify so there is no confusion.

The Honda and Subaru models would splash you at anything less than full throttle for the most part. The ES-kape (1.0) had more of a V shaped bow and the ride was MUCH drier. I assume the 2.0 is the same in that regard since it's pretty much the same hull design up front.
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline Drackkor

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2019, 06:35:39 PM »
True you sit up high on these and could probably shape a piece of plastic into place for water spray this maybe a lot drier than Mokai here I was thinking the opposite. The seat makes sense sitting up higher would be more comfortable.

Offline niteshft

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2019, 10:50:54 PM »
Thank's for the clarification of the 1.0 Tom! 

Sitting on the Stik isn't much different, the seat isn't elevated so you are still sitting on the floor but with a much better seat than I had. What I like is I'm not confined and can position my legs as I want. Getting in and out is much easier since you aren't enclosed. The biggest thing that sold me was being able to move around on your feet and fly fish.

I just learned today that Aquanami is now supplying US customers from their new Texas warehouse. They are also changing their pricing to reflect Trump's tariff. The cost of a Stik/Jetangler is now $6600!  :-O