$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; Does this Mokai make my butt look too big?

Author Topic: Does this Mokai make my butt look too big?  (Read 506 times)

Offline Bob38

• Cool Points: 3
  • Engine: Subaru EX21
  • Model Year: 2-2008
Does this Mokai make my butt look too big?
« on: July 23, 2019, 04:09:54 PM »
Hey people. I will be picking up my Mokais this weekend but I have a question for any of you who have gained a little weight. I'm a very mobile person of 6ft 1 inch and 240lbs and I was wondering if I would have trouble fitting into the water-craft. My large frame still allows me to see more of my body parts without a mirror...........well most of them. Honest opinions, please. If you have something funny to say, please share. You will not hurt my feelings. I have none. 

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 59
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
Re: Does this Mokai make my butt look too big?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 04:46:53 PM »
You'll fit, there is plenty of leg room in these. The weight will slow you down but it's still better than paddling. lol You'll have fun.  :)

Still getting the 2012's you mentioned? And what river do you plan to use them in?
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 47
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 Head - ES
  • Model Year: 2010 (2)
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 04:51:31 PM »
Bob,
You'll be fine. Even with a bulky PFD, still plenty of room to fit. The cockpit rim is where it is the tightest fit but still room to move. I'm 6'1" / 190 for reference. I compare it to sitting in a bathtub with some room to move but hard to look behind the tub/boat. Lots of leg room but if your boating in to a campsite say on a reservoir, you'll need to learn what to bring...isn't like car camping. If you want more speed, you might have to lose some of the big butt..just saying. Lol
This video might give you some insight into the roominess but hard to judge until you get some seat time of your own.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGBwKcq68nU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGBwKcq68nU</a>
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Bob38

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 06:01:05 PM »
Tom and Chuck
Yes its the 2012 Mokai. I have a list I will send you for the mods. I will be on most of the northeastern Oklahoma rivers. Mostly the Illinois river where I live about 4 miles from. But will be visiting the others as well. Such as the Arkansas, Verdegris, Neosho, and a few in Arkansas. Really pumped about this. But I have to get them here first and revitalized. Thanks for the vote of confidence and the videos. Yes I will fit just fine. 

You two have been very helpful. We will be talking more.

Offline Craig5251

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 21
  • Engine: Subaru KX17, 7hp
  • Model Year: 2012
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 08:13:42 PM »
I have the 2012 model, and am 65, and 310 lbs. I fit fine! I need a little more water depth, but not much.

Offline Colter84

• Cool Points: 4
  • Engine: EX21 W/EX17 Head
  • Model Year: 2011
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 07:44:55 AM »
Bob,

What parts of the Illinois River can you run a motorized craft on? I know that you're not allowed to where all of the river float trip places operate, but honestly I didn't know that you could at all since it is designated as a "Scenic River". Even though GRDA has two of their own that they patrol with during the floating season. Haha.

On a side note, you should come up to the Big Cabin area and we can do some Civil War metal detecting in Big Cabin Creek with our new to us Mokais!

Offline Bob38

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 08:10:09 PM »
Colter84

I had a concern about this so I spoke with the guy who is over the Scenic rivers/GRDA at the Illinois River office and another person there before I purchased the Mokais and they said it is OK and stated the regulations. The problem is the wake, so they told me to slow down when passing the canoers so they won't receive any complaints. Don't think there is any problem since I will be going more towards the lower end past all the canoeing.

I need to get up there and meet up with you. I know there is a bunch of relics that need to be rescued. Fall can't get here fast enough.