$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; Mokai in Borneo

Author Topic: Mokai in Borneo  (Read 186 times)

Offline Patchy

• Cool Points: 3
Mokai in Borneo
« on: July 08, 2019, 04:32:30 AM »
G'day! My 1st post to this forum.. actually the only forum I've ever been on!  :)
I have 3 Es-Kape in Sarawak, Eastern Malaysia (Borneo) and thought I'd share a vid..(although it's been on youtube for a while)

This was one of the last trips we did due to some servo issues (yeah, while up river in the jungle!) I'm slowly in the process of modifications and converting all the electronics to manual so hopefully August we'll be done and on our way out into some wild jungle areas again!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgbPe9TEXac" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgbPe9TEXac</a>

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 55
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
Re: Mokai in Borneo
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 07:39:13 AM »
Great first post! Thanks for sharing. Enjoyed the video too, that is a perfect river for Mokaiing!! haha Always enjoy seeing where these are used around the world, you captured everything quite well. Look forward to seeing more from you.  \./8
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline Craig5251

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 19
  • Engine: Subaru KX17, 7hp
  • Model Year: 2012
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 09:03:24 AM »
That was so cool! I also love picís & video around the world.

Offline bizler

• Mokai Addict Member
  • Cool Points: 45
  • Engine: EX21 W/EX17 Head
  • Model Year: 2010
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 12:23:06 PM »
I really enjoyed your video.   \./8. It looks like the perfect water for enjoying your Mokais.  Having three is all the better.

Offline Larry

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 22
  • Engine: Honda GC190
  • Model Year: 2007/2007
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 12:38:33 PM »
Great video...Perfect river for the Mokai.

Offline Patchy

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 03:27:41 AM »
Great first post! Thanks for sharing. Enjoyed the video too, that is a perfect river for Mokaiing!! haha Always enjoy seeing where these are used around the world, you captured everything quite well. Look forward to seeing more from you.  \./8

Cheers mate..
it was definitely a good river to head up but along with the servo issues we also hit a rock (or 2, possibly in those rapids) and broke a section on an intake grate  ??? so thats another job to fix/change all 3 before we head back out.. I'll make up some stainless steel ones I think and get rid of the aluminium! We have to learn to go a bit easier in some of the shallower water over this way :)

Offline Patchy

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 03:32:02 AM »
I really enjoyed your video.   \./8. It looks like the perfect water for enjoying your Mokais.  Having three is all the better.

Definitely better with the 3! I wouldn't want to be out in some of the jungle rivers alone and get stuck  ;)

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 55
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 08:07:53 AM »
Cheers mate..
it was definitely a good river to head up but along with the servo issues we also hit a rock (or 2, possibly in those rapids) and broke a section on an intake grate  ??? so thats another job to fix/change all 3 before we head back out.. I'll make up some stainless steel ones I think and get rid of the aluminium! We have to learn to go a bit easier in some of the shallower water over this way :)

Yeah those aluminum grates were pretty fragile. I was fortunate to get a stainless grate from a member here that had made some up, much better. Converting to direct cable control is one of the best things you can do on these though, servos don't belong on boats.
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com