$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; CW-AlleghenyReservoir-Teaser

Author Topic: CW-AlleghenyReservoir-Teaser  (Read 423 times)

Online CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 43
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 Head - ES
  • Model Year: 2010 (2)
CW-AlleghenyReservoir-Teaser
« on: June 21, 2019, 11:44:52 AM »
Tried out my new DJI Osmo Action camera this past weekend, now I have more ways to capture our Mokai adventures. Enjoyed playing with the Slo-Mo feature and being surprised at how it turned out, 240 frames per second looks very dramatic and cinematic. Now I have to learn even more about editing, which at my age doesn't come easy, but the results are well worth the time & effort. Let me know what you think or if you have any ideas of how I can use the camera for new and different shots.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klBa7bG4wpA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klBa7bG4wpA</a>
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline bizler

• Mokai Addict Member
  • Cool Points: 46
  • Engine: EX21 W/EX17 Head
  • Model Year: 2010
Re: CW-AlleghenyReservoir-Teaser
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 02:48:19 PM »
I really like what you’ve done with these shots and your new camera.  They are, as you said, very dramatic and also interesting. There is so much to learn with cameras and editing. Nice work!

Online CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 03:30:51 PM »
Thanks Bill, looking forward to your next trip and video.
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 59
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 04:59:41 PM »
Chuck, I have to admit I usually skim through your videos for the most part, usually looking for the most interesting parts like bridges.. lol BUT... But, this video.  :-O You've taken things up a notch. Bravo! The subject matter, the slow motion shots in and out of the water, the tadpoles.. Butterflies. You nailed it all, and put some great music to it. I watched this video all the way through and enjoyed every second! The hard part is now to do as well or better next time. lol Keep it up, this was inspiring.  \./8
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com

Online CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 05:55:36 PM »
Thanks Tom. The camera makes it easier than the GoPro to get those special shots.
I contacted a professional photographer/videographer up in Canada for the next blockbuster, she's letting me copy some of her editing style. Combined with the new camera, I should be able to expand my capabilities to create an even better video. Still waiting on a gentleman from Australia to release his 10 hr tutorial on how to use Hitfilm Pro...I can't wait!
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Larry

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 23
  • Engine: Honda GC190
  • Model Year: 2007/2007
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 10:24:56 AM »
What a great video Chuck !!!

Online CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2019, 10:38:29 AM »
What a great video Chuck !!!

Hopefully getting better with each try. 👍🏻
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Craig5251

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 21
  • Engine: Subaru KX17, 7hp
  • Model Year: 2012
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 03:32:14 AM »
Loved it! Especially the tadpoles.

Offline Relichunter

• Cool Points: 4
  • Engine: Honda
  • Model Year: 2009
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2019, 11:52:06 AM »
Great video. Scenery reminds me of the back end of Cornplanter Bay. Wife and I used to “Boat Camp” in Cornplanter Bay. Spending up to a week or so on our boat (24’ dual helm cabin cruiser”. Allegheny Reservoir is beautiful country. Before it was built, I waded and fished pretty much all of the Allegheny River from Tidiute to Tionesta (family hunting camp near Tionesta creek Nebraska bridge.

Online CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2019, 12:11:48 PM »
Great video. Scenery reminds me of the back end of Cornplanter Bay. Wife and I used to “Boat Camp” in Cornplanter Bay. Spending up to a week or so on our boat (24’ dual helm cabin cruiser”. Allegheny Reservoir is beautiful country. Before it was built, I waded and fished pretty much all of the Allegheny River from Tidiute to Tionesta (family hunting camp near Tionesta creek Nebraska bridge.

Very beautiful up in the area surrounding Salamanca, NY/Warren, Pa. My older sisters went to Kinzua dam as it was being built back in the ‘60’s. My wife and I have been to the Hooks Brook campground quite a few
times with the Mokai’s. We enjoy the area a lot for the peace and quiet time. Not a whole lot of boat traffic during the week either. I grew up near New Kensington, Pa and have many friends with camps along the Tionesta, Tidiute, Oil City sections of the Allegheny River. We kayaked from Kinzua to Emlenton (I-80) awhile back before getting the Mokai’s, about 125 miles or so? The reservoir quickly became our go to place after getting the boats.
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Relichunter

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2019, 10:32:59 AM »
Good old Hooks Brook😍. One summer while my kids were very young, I was semi laid off from work. I was on salary and the company told me they were transferring me to the Youngstown facility but they weren’t ready to do that yet. So I was technically “laid off” but given an additional “supplemental salary” to keep my net monthly income the same. The 4 of us spent months camping at Hooks Brook that summer. At that time, we just had an MFG power boat. But camping wasn’t restricted so we stayed there near the entire summer. Hooks Brook was my absolute favorite camp site on the entire lake. A mile or so up river, walleye fishing was fantastic. The old river bed ran up against the hill side. We anchored 20’ from shore in 30’ to 40’ of water then bounced jigs and minnows from the bank down to the boat. Walleye was pretty much the standard fair for dinner. The kids chased the tadpoles at the mouth of the Brook. One night sitting out with the old Coleman lantern in front of us, moths were attracted to the light. A big old toad hopped up, eyed a moth, and faster than a blink of the eye used his tongue to grab one. My wife and I were stunned, we looked down at the toad that still had a part of the wing sticking out of his mouth, make one big swallow then hop away. We still laugh about it all these years later. We used to put our boats in at the Onoville Marina. Had great times up that way. Nice to hear about it again, Thank You!

Online CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2019, 11:35:35 AM »
Thanks for the stories, I'll have to try out your fishing spot and technique next time we visit Hooks Brook...walleye is my favorite fish to eat.   
What area in Ohio do you live?

Here's another video I put together of the area in case your interested.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7Hx1SwS4Dc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7Hx1SwS4Dc</a>
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Relichunter

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2019, 12:48:26 PM »
Fantastic video of Kinzua. We spent so much time there over the years, first tent camping at Hooks Brook then later, camped in our cabin cruiser in Cornplanter Bay.  BTW, on the north side of Cornplanter is an absolutely huge Bald Eagle nest. Stunning birds. Walked up to the tree, the conservationists had the entire base of the tree covered with sheet metal to minimize the climbing critters from getting to the nest. When frozen over in winter, the park places road killed deer out on the ice for the eagles.
Walleye can get picky. Found that a ball head jig no greater than 1/8 oz, tipped with a yellow Mr. Twister and either night crawler or minnow did the best. Slowly lift the jig, let it fall, lift again and when you feel a bit of weight, set the hook. They can be light biters. Too heavy of a jig “1/4 oz” will most likely result in no fish. A mistake lots of people make.
I recognized so much of the landscape in your video. Part of each trip was to slowly motor close to the bank completely around the Pa. side. Didn’t go much into NY, never got a reservation fishing license. Picked up a nice big Muskie at Ropers and another near the Boy Scouts Camp. Catch and release.
I am originally from Beaver County, Pa., then Boardman, Oh, now Mentor, Oh. Got older, sold our cruiser but kept my 2009 Mokai. With a great deal of help and advice from Painless Tom, I got through the hull cracking at the impeller stern issue. Can’t say enough good things about Tom, a genuine expert on all models of the Mokai.
Regards, and thanks for sharing!

Online CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2019, 01:50:38 PM »
Figured you might be from the Columbus area, pretty close to University Heights where we reside. I'll play around with the jig weights and combinations and try to post some catches. Thank you for the fishing tips. I couldn't agree more, Tom is always a huge help and I'm always glad I bought mine used and brought to him to make it a reliable vessel. Our two Mokai's were featured in this repair video and no troubles since.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=Vlu2DuE7JGY
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️