$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; Post Pics

Author Topic: Post Pics  (Read 411 times)

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 59
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
Post Pics
« on: June 11, 2019, 12:28:52 PM »
Some people have expressed some frustration with the attachment upload process in thier posts, and I wanted to explain why there is a perceived problem. Web space comes at a premium and in order to run a free forum for everyone I have to limit the size of the attachments or else my storage will run out for the amount that I'm am paying for. Currently the site and forum hosting is setting me back $200 a year, and as long as I continue to stay busy with upgrading Mokai's that is just overhead. Other social media platforms are generating major profits from advertising and don't put a cap on what you upload. If you frequent other forums you will find many of them don't even allow attachment uploads, or have tons of advertising to deal with if you aren't a paying member. So to keep things clear of all that here, simply resize your images so they are in the kilobyte size range, or post your images elsewhere and share the link in your post here.  Thanks for being a part of this community, it wouldn't be what it is today without all of you!
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline Craig5251

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 21
  • Engine: Subaru KX17, 7hp
  • Model Year: 2012
Re: Post Pics
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 10:21:24 PM »
No frustration with you at all Tom! Iím just technically challenged. Iíll figure it out, but no hurry.

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 59
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 07:54:10 AM »
This was from feedback that came from another member, not you. So no worries. I'm still happy to resize and post pictures for anyone, just explaining why the process and limits here are vastly different than Facebook etc...  \./8
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 47
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 Head - ES
  • Model Year: 2010 (2)
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 10:01:35 AM »
Thanks for running the Forum and keeping up with the maintenance...Website and Mokai's!
Appreciate the tip of taking a screen shot of our pictures in order to change the size of the pic, much easier when posting from my phone.
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️