$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; Tranquility Personified

Author Topic: Tranquility Personified  (Read 603 times)

Offline CC-CODER

• Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 50
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 Head - ES
  • Model Year: 2010 (2)
Tranquility Personified
« on: May 16, 2019, 04:01:28 PM »
Not a bite or snow to be seen. But the sound of the rapids, birds and turtle views make it worth the trip. Plus, no stalling issue with the intercooler connected. 👍🏻
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 59
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
Re: Tranquility Personified
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 04:57:35 PM »
Cool, after all this time pulling hair out to solve this stalling issue of yours, and it was just water in your gas. Makes total sense now, glad it's all behind us finally!! haha Nice pics!  \./8
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline CC-CODER

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 11:19:27 PM »
Maybe the old carb plus the gas played a part. Didnít have any issues with Cheriís the past two years and we use the same gas from the same containers. Whatever the cause, itís a relief to start out this season without any issues. I probably added to the problem by placing the jigger of the siphon hose at the bottom of the fuel container when transferring to the Mokai tank.
Just bought a new waterproof camera to go with the GoPro for some better videos and pictures. I like the zoom feature for getting close up to the wildlife and it can be paired with my phone to get remote shots of us passing by the camera for a different perspective. Maybe I can use it to spot catfish. Lol
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Craig5251

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 26
  • Engine: Subaru KX17, 7hp
  • Model Year: 2012
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 11:22:33 PM »
Iíll have to check out that camera.

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 59
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 11:23:44 PM »
Ahhhh Very true, didn't think about her engine using the same gas. Just glad your's is running right finally! Looking forward to your videos and pictures this year, new gear always makes capturing the fun... more FUN!  \./8
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline CC-CODER

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 11:32:25 PM »
Iíll have to check out that camera.
[/quote

Bought it at Costco for $150...the float strap is a plus.
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Craig5251

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 26
  • Engine: Subaru KX17, 7hp
  • Model Year: 2012
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 11:58:53 PM »
Cool, thanks cc

Offline CC-CODER

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 11:23:12 AM »
Think I will be taking this camera back. Great camera for the price but I still like the GoPro and am looking at another camera to take its place. Will do a review when I purchase the new one.
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline CC-CODER

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2020, 09:43:25 PM »
Think I will be taking this camera back. Great camera for the price but I still like the GoPro and am looking at another camera to take its place. Will do a review when I purchase the new one.

My GoPro replacement camera is the DJI Osmo Action. I can't review it as well as Surfaced Studio, so Ive attached his review. Think I paid $350 and now it's available for $245 on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RJMK2GV/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=surfacedstudio-20&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B07RJMK2GV&linkId=ab2c32bc33eb7e2b9a7db10777b12a76

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GV1PiiixDY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GV1PiiixDY</a>

My teaser video was the first time I tried it and I couldn't believe the results.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klBa7bG4wpA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klBa7bG4wpA</a>
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 09:52:40 PM by CC-CODER »
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline happul3

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 19
  • Engine: EX21
  • Model Year: 2015
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2020, 12:20:40 PM »

If you don't mind sharing, what was reason you returned Fuji? The telephoto (5x zoom) is a pretty unique and useful feature for a waterproof compact. Personally, I wish I had that to take along. Gopro and DJI cameras, on the other hand, seem fairly similar with very wide angle optics and so Osmo may not be a great complement to Gopro you already have. Or is it the refined optical stabilization that you are looking for? That's pretty cool too, although I think it is also possible to buy an inexpensive gimbal separately for a compact camera.

Offline CC-CODER

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2020, 03:42:07 PM »
If you don't mind sharing, what was reason you returned Fuji? The telephoto (5x zoom) is a pretty unique and useful feature for a waterproof compact. Personally, I wish I had that to take along. Gopro and DJI cameras, on the other hand, seem fairly similar with very wide angle optics and so Osmo may not be a great complement to Gopro you already have. Or is it the refined optical stabilization that you are looking for? That's pretty cool too, although I think it is also possible to buy an inexpensive gimbal separately for a compact camera.

The Fuji wouldn't refocus quick enough after zooming and the screen with sunglare made it impossible to tell. I wouldn't notice until I began editing the clips. I got water damage to both my GoPros and needed a replacement. The stabilization, slow motion, voice commands and 4k make it great for me. I can wrap the tripod around a down tree in the middle of the river and say, Start recording while I drive by in the Mokai. Also, as I'm setting the hook on that monster catfish too!
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline happul3

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 19
  • Engine: EX21
  • Model Year: 2015
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2020, 05:03:10 PM »
The Fuji wouldn't refocus quick enough after zooming and the screen with sunglare made it impossible to tell. I wouldn't notice until I began editing the clips. I got water damage to both my GoPros and needed a replacement. The stabilization, slow motion, voice commands and 4k make it great for me. I can wrap the tripod around a down tree in the middle of the river and say, Start recording while I drive by in the Mokai. Also, as I'm setting the hook on that monster catfish too!

Thanks for sharing. Now I am less likely to go for a PX140 :)