$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; Battery Maintenance

Shop Talk > General Tips & Repairs

Battery Maintenance

(1/6) > >>

CC-CODER:
Probably asked this in the past but should I be doing anything with my batteryís during the winter? Do I need to put them on a charger or is there a battery tester I can buy to check them before heading out each spring? Iím not able to start them once a week since I keep them in the house during the winter.

Painlesstom:
You could put them on a trickle charger, that would be a good idea. Personally I just start mine every few weeks and let it idle for 20 minutes, I know that isn't an option for many though.

CC-CODER:
Would something like this work? Iíve never had the need to take off the tape, so I donít know what the terminals look like?

If this would work, it would keep the GoPro and phone charged at camp, then I could get all those catfish on video. Lol

Painlesstom:
You could clip that on when the boat isn't running, battery has the flat blade type terminals.

CC-CODER:
Thanks Tom. Can you send me an eBay link to a battery tester? I'm curious to see what it would read.
As you know, I didn't have any problem the past 2 years with getting it started...just keeping it running, which had nothing to do with the battery of course. Hee Hee

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version