$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; Changing Jets

Author Topic: Changing Jets  (Read 617 times)

Offline niteshft

• Cool Points: 2
  • Engine: honda GC190
  • Model Year: 2007
Changing Jets
« on: December 22, 2018, 05:49:49 PM »
 Is there a thread about adjusting the jets in a Honda motor for more power? The engines have to comply with California's laws so the jets are sized to meet discharge specs. Opening them up can give you more power in exchange for fuel usage. Knowing what someone has done successfully would be of great interest.

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 55
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
Re: Changing Jets
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 07:19:44 PM »
Mokai's were never legal for sale in California, so anyone with one there has to register it out of state. Am I missing something? You should have the same jetting as the rest, unless you bought a new replacement engine in CA that met their emissions.
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline niteshft

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 06:30:45 AM »
 I'm just wondering if anyone has ever changed out the jet for more performance. I guess not.

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
    • Painless Products
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 08:04:38 AM »
The only way to get better performance is to change motors. The Subaru is the way to go in these, you also would gain electric start, a charging system, and less noise.
Tom

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline niteshft

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2018, 09:26:27 PM »
 I found a forum about rejetting engines and thought about this site when I found many were talking about the Honda engines. I sold mine so it doesn't interest me in that way but I remember mine bogged down in certain circumstances. Rejetting seemed to be viable help, if limited, for low investment cost. If someone can't afford a Subaru upgrade at the moment why not help improve the engine that they have?

I didn't save a link to the forum but I'll look for it and post it when I find it.

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
    • Painless Products
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 09:34:11 PM »
As I explained before, there isn't anything in the jetting dept that will help a Honda engine, been there done that with zero improvement. You want to help the Honda, remove the air filter, open the hood up so hot air can exit better, and run synthetic oil. Other than that there isn't anything you can do to improve that engine, nobody ever made any aftermarket performance parts for it. They are like a Bic lighter, use them up and throw them away. lol They are too cheap to bother rebuilding, just buy a new one. There are some who went to the extreme to cool the oil, make different exhaust, change carbs etc.. But in the end it didn't make much of a different other than maybe sound level or less power loss when hot.
Tom

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline Hillbilly

• Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 35
  • Engine: Subaru
  • Model Year: many
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 01:48:04 PM »
Niteshift,

Search under "GC190 performance ideas".  Old thread.  There are a few things you can do to improve the power and reliability of the 190.