$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; Painfull - OFF the Water

Author Topic: Painfull - OFF the Water  (Read 681 times)

Offline Duff

• Cool Points: 10
  • Engine: Tom's EX21 Upgrade
  • Model Year: 2002
Painfull - OFF the Water
« on: November 25, 2018, 09:34:15 AM »
 >:( This year the Mokia didn't help me and most of us in the NE. Not due to it's ability.

This is the graph of he Delaware river July to yesterday. It shows the last normal flow in July, 3->4ft. The rest of the year it was mostly too high and fast to get on. The graphs for the Lehigh and Susquehanna look the same. Hopefully we'll have twice as many fish next season since they had little pressure this year. 

Online CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 43
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 Head - ES
  • Model Year: 2010 (2)
Re: Painfull - OFF the Water
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 09:42:46 AM »
Definitely a Wet year in the northeast. I didnít get out as much this year as last, but not quite as rainy as your Mokai season.
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Maritimer

• Cool Points: 7
  • Engine: Stock Subaru
  • Model Year: 2017
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 07:51:54 AM »
I didn't realize you could have too much water to get out in your Mokai. I'm northeast of your northeast in New Brunswick, Canada and we had a drought all summer and fall. It's no fun dragging the Es-Kape over multiple gravel bars. You must have gotten our rain! It was a terrible fishing and Mokai year. And this followed 100 year record breaking spring floods. Not to be outdone, fall brought record early snowfalls. I've been cross-country skiing the past ten days in what looks like mid-winter conditions. It's the first time in my 50 years of skiing that I've been able to get out in November. The times they are a -changin'!

Online CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 43
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 Head - ES
  • Model Year: 2010 (2)
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 02:35:42 PM »
I'm a little jealous of your cross-country skiing. We've only had about 10 good days in 5 years, and you've already got out 10 times this year.
The Appalachian trail was very wet this past year for the thru hikers, as documented on a lot of the hikers YouTube vlogs. Plenty of snow in the Smokey Mountains and Virginia to Maine had a trail of water that you could float a Mokai on. Lol
I think they were calling it Ver-Mud instead of Vermont.
We did get out in the Mokai quite a bit but probably not as much as the previous year.
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Larry

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 23
  • Engine: Honda GC190
  • Model Year: 2007/2007
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 05:14:17 PM »
I live on the Md/Pa line near New Freedom, Pa and the rivers were too high and fast for the Mokai.  Only got out a few times.

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 59
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 09:14:33 PM »
You guys need to just pack up and move down here. River is never too high or low to enjoy, it's gets leafy during the fall but nothing that can't be managed. Hope you get a break and make it out soon.
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com