$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; 3 hull fit in my Corolla trunk?

Author Topic: 3 hull fit in my Corolla trunk?  (Read 941 times)

Offline mokamo

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 9
  • Engine: GC190
  • Model Year: 2006
3 hull fit in my Corolla trunk?
« on: September 21, 2018, 08:15:57 AM »
Anyone knows or tried to fit this escape in a small car.
My Corolla is so great in gas that it will be so nice if Mokai can fit in the trunk.

If not maybe i should just build a sturdy Mokai roof rack...
We dont have good river here and the nearest one is 3 hrs drive...Trailer is a nuisance finding a parking space so roof rack is ideal for long trip...
Small car roof rack for Mokai picture will be appreciated.

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 59
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
Re: 3 hull fit in my Corolla trunk?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 08:40:54 AM »
Mokai had a picture of one stuffed the back of a Prius. But until you pull a wet muddy boat out of the water and realize the engine is too hot to remove, the reality of packing up to go home is lost. Trailer is the best way to take it to the river.
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 48
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 Head - ES
  • Model Year: 2010 (2)
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 12:56:58 PM »
Better check the Corolla's manufacturer's weight limit. Think most small cars are around 100 lbs.

The highest rated capacity roof rack that we carry for the 2010 Toyota Corolla is the Thule Roof Rack, item # TH480, # THLB50, and # THKIT1515. This roof rack has a capacity of 165 pounds but you will need to refer to your vehicle manual for the "capacity of the roof".
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline mokamo

• Mokai Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 01:19:30 PM »
Thank you Tom, Chuck.
I will do check toyota before adding roof rack. Maybe all i need to put on top is the middle hull and the rest including engine can be slide in to that corolla rear compartment.
It was just hard to drive around in the city with the trailer and that happened to me when i went to Nnasville TN.

Offline CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 03:01:38 PM »
Guess I should count my blessings with all the different rivers and lakes within an hours drive. Not to rub it in but, I have at least 7 options.  :-O
Do you normally go to Falls, Jordan or Roanoke reservoir? Roanoke looks like the Allegheny reservoir we try to Mokai on. Heading there again this weekend. Maybe a road trip next week to Virginia, although rain forecast every day.  ::)
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline mokamo

• Mokai Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 03:28:09 PM »
Lucky you guys having nice rivers around you. Yes, Jordan and Falls lakes are my playground here..
I like the skinny body of water with tall tree around. Never been to Roanoke but that's in my list...Roanoke NC side...Looking forward to watching your next adventure in Virginia...

Offline CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 06:55:30 PM »
Roanoke river/John Kerr reservoir is another Army Corp project like Grayson and Allegheny that we’ve been on. I prefer the rivers over lake but, Grayson was worth the 5 hr ride for us with the cliffs and great scenery. We’re into backpacking and getting to the hiking trails by Mokai. Plus, the Army Corp reservoirs help keep the boat traffic down on weekdays during the spring/fall seasons. They have a lot of narrow off-shoots to explore along with million dollar boat ramps.  :)
Probably won’t bring the Mokai’s next week because of rain forecasted every day. We enjoyed watching all the Appalachian Trail thru-hikers on YT this year and got inspired to hike McAfee knob and Tinkers cliffs. We’ll definitely scout the New and James rivers while down there.

John Kerr Reservoir website:
https://www.recreation.gov/recreationalAreaDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&recAreaId=458

« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 07:04:16 PM by CC-Coder »
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline happul3

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 18
  • Engine: EX21
  • Model Year: 2015
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 07:03:07 PM »
I transport Eskape inside Honda Fit. It fits nicely :) Driver's seating is unaffected, but no space for passengers.

Offline mokamo

• Mokai Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 07:28:04 PM »
Wow! Honda Fit.. I think that consumes 40 miles/per gallon on highway.
You have a perfect setup. I hope my calculation is correct that the two small hulls and the engine would fit in rear passenger seat and back compartment.

Offline Maritimer

• Cool Points: 7
  • Engine: Stock Subaru
  • Model Year: 2017
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2018, 07:45:12 PM »
I used to load my Es-Kape into my Subaru Forester. I had to lay the backseats down and fully recline the front passenger seat to get it to fit. But as Tom noted, it's a pain waiting for the engine to cool, and getting it into the trunk while nested was starting to tax the old bod. Good luck getting it on the roof! So I bought a trailer this year. I considered one of those boxes that rigidly mounts on a trailer hitch to carry just the engine but decided to go all the way. I wouldn't take the trailer down a narrow path to a river though. I have enough trouble just backing it up at a proper ramp!