$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; Aluminum Steering Nozzle

Author Topic: Aluminum Steering Nozzle  (Read 2434 times)

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 59
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
Aluminum Steering Nozzle
« on: January 24, 2018, 11:17:38 AM »
For those who haven't been following my progress with this project, this is to let everyone know I can make cast aluminum steering nozzles now that will replace the factory plastic version on the ES-kape models. Price will be $150 + shipping. Please vote in the Poll so I can judge the interest level in this new product!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79Ai9X-0t00" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79Ai9X-0t00</a>
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline LZ33

• Cool Points: 3
Re: Aluminum Steering Nozzle
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 11:34:58 AM »
While mine is aluminum and not busted, it's great to know you are still providing quality 'upgrades' for all of us by keeping something great, awesome!

Offline bizler

• Mokai Addict Member
  • Cool Points: 46
  • Engine: EX21 W/EX17 Head
  • Model Year: 2010
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 03:27:02 PM »
Nice job on the development of the capability for investment casting and producing this aluminum nozzle. I am anxious to get one, although I am not an ES-Kape owner.  I have had one inquiry about applying my reverse unit on the ES-Kape and with the aluminum nozzle I believe it is entirely possible.
Thanks for your fine work. \./8.  Bill

Offline riverman

• Cool Points: 19
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 08:10:11 PM »
Very nice work as always, I'll absolutely be getting one.   

Offline The Man

• Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 43
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 08:29:03 PM »
For those who haven't been following my progress with this project, this is to let everyone know I can make cast aluminum steering nozzles now that will replace the factory plastic version on the ES-kape models. Price will be $150 + shipping. Please vote in the Poll so I can judge the interest level in this new product!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79Ai9X-0t00" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79Ai9X-0t00</a>

The price is a little cheap! All the steps involved, material cost, and the time spent beating it with that 100mph hammer doesn't even come close to a minimum wage paycheck. Cool points deserved!

Offline Rottweilerman

• Mokai Addict Member
  • Cool Points: 22
  • Engine: EX21, With EX17 Head
  • Model Year: Sold my 2015
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 08:39:05 PM »
HeyTom,  Your advancements on improving the Mokai are excellent \./8   Although I no longer own an Eskape, I'm sure I would have invested in one of your nozzles.    Maybe we could get together on an aluminum nozzles for the Stik boat :)
Keep the good work going ;)

John

Offline CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 44
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 Head - ES
  • Model Year: 2010 (2)
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 10:32:13 PM »
HeyTom,  Your advancements on improving the Mokai are excellent \./8   Although I no longer own an Eskape, I'm sure I would have invested in one of your nozzles.    Maybe we could get together on an aluminum nozzles for the Stik boat :)

John

Good to hear from you John. It would be a treat to see a short video of you in your Stik.
Keep an eye out for a few more videos from me over the next month or so. Hope your enjoying the new ride...keep in touch.
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
    • Painless Products
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 12:54:12 AM »
Very nice work as always, I'll absolutely be getting one.

Thanks, I'll post here when I've added it to the store. If you need one before that just let me know and I'll shoot you an invoice. \./8

John

Thanks John, I appreciate that. If you can send me your nozzle for a few weeks, I should be able to come up with something for you. Shoot me an email when you're ready.

The price is a little cheap! All the steps involved, material cost, and the time spent beating it with that 100mph hammer doesn't even come close to a minimum wage paycheck. Cool points deserved!

Thanks Shawn, it is cheap, but on the level that I'm doing this the cost of materials isn't too bad. A majority of the price is labor, enough to make it worth my while, and cheap enough that everyone will be able to afford it if they feel the need for one. I'm here to help, getting rich wasn't the goal. lol  :D
Tom

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline king squirrel

• Cool Points: 5
  • Engine: Subaru
  • Model Year: 2016 & 2016
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 07:30:21 AM »
Tom, what are the odds of busting the plastic nozzle with your pump guard installed? Your pump guards have provided excellent protection on my boats thus far \./8 and I have put them to the test in very shallow/rocky waters!

Is the steering response improvement the sole benefit other than sturdiness?

I would certainly upgrade to this nozzle if I ever managed to break/damage the plastic one. 

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
    • Painless Products
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 07:39:36 AM »
Glad my pump guard has been working well.  :)

The aluminum nozzle came to be for a couple of reasons. First, because Bizler needed a version that would allow him to adapt his reverse unit to the ES-kape. And second, my pump guard doesn't protect the nozzle from side or rear hits. I've had to be very careful not to sideswipe the pump while turning around in areas congested with obstacles, there is no protection from the pump guard in those situations.
Tom

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline OutdoorAdv

• Cool Points: 10
  • Engine: EX21
  • Model Year: 2015
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 07:46:56 AM »
Those turned out incredible Tom!  If I ever break my plastic one, I will absolutely upgrade to your aluminum one.  I don't know much about plastics, but is the stock one made out of a plastic that could deteriorate over the years from UV radiation and temp changes?

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
    • Painless Products
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 07:58:58 AM »
Thanks! I'm not sure what the stock one is made of exactly, time will tell if those influences have an impact. I appears to be made of the same material as the bow handle and engine starter/wiring cover that has cracked easily for many. I'm just super happy I don't have to worry about it being on my boat anymore. I play hard, and this has always been a point of concern for me. No worries now.  \./8
Tom

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline riverman

• Cool Points: 19
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2018, 10:33:24 AM »
In my opinion  anything that necessary for operation  hanging that far out should not be made of plastic. With all the efforts I've done to make my boat as bullet proof as possible, skid plate/pump guard etc etc. every time I look at that crappy plastic nozzle I cringe.     

Offline ardster

• Cool Points: 7
  • Model Year: 2014
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2018, 07:10:12 PM »
My newest Mokai is a 2012 so I don't have the issue with the pump nozzle but.............................. I've added all the other mods to my boats and if I had the new model with an exposed plastic jet nozzle I wouldn't wait until I broke the stock one to get this new aluminum one from Tom. I tend to think as if I were operating a mokai many miles away from any roads or chance of getting help because that's where I usually am.

Great product Tom

\./8

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
    • Painless Products