$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; Fishfinder

Author Topic: Fishfinder  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 55
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
Re: Fishfinder
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2019, 07:44:29 PM »
I agree Denis, not much to worry about with the protection circuitry. I haven't heard anything negative about the LiFe or LifePO4 yet other than price. 

Troy,

The version 1 ES-kapes that I've see came with lead acid, mine did and it was only a 4ah rating....   :D But LiPo is not the chemistry used for this application, Li-ion is what you'll typically see or Li-iron (LifePO4). LiPo batteries are a whole different animal, and those do have some volatile tendencies if not handled and charged properly. Although, they aren't as prone to burning or exploding as people claim, the abuse has to be pretty extreme.   

Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline Mokai Dreamin'

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 13
  • Engine: Kohler
  • Model Year: 2019 ES-Kape 2.0
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2019, 10:40:22 PM »
Thanks Tom. Yes, I was confusing technologies. There are some similarities between the two from what I just read up on Wikipedia, but lithium iron phosphate appear to be the next generation. This is also what version 2 of the ES-Kape is using. Expensive little battery and only 19 oz. At least Mokai was trying to trim the weight where they could.

I thought version 1 of the ES-Kape had the same, so thanks for clearing that up. 
Best,
Troy

Offline Rottweilerman

• Mokai Addict Member
  • Cool Points: 21
  • Engine: EX21, With EX17 Head
  • Model Year: Sold my 2015
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2019, 09:39:33 PM »
Aquanami will be releasing the new version of the boat during the Miami boat show, which is February 13-17 2020. If I were in your shoes, I would move your boat soon while demand is high.    The flip side is if tariffs stay in place or are increased, the price of the current boat is  going to jump at least 10%, if not more, so this would also make a used boat more attractive to some.  I think with the features of the new boat, most  people are going to opt for a new model though.
Troy, The tariffs are going to effect any boats made out of aluminum as well,  Tracker indicated there'er going to increase boat manufacturing costs somewhere around $ 400 dollars per boat.
On your comment about Aquanami releasing a new boat next year,  is this going to be the new Stik, or is Austin working on something different?

As far as selling my Stik, I have to come up with a reasonable price that includes all my accessories and the trailer.   The trailer is freeway ready, so all someone would have to do is come and pick it up.    I'm working on a craigs listing. 

John

Offline Mokai Dreamin'

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 13
  • Engine: Kohler
  • Model Year: 2019 ES-Kape 2.0
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2019, 10:25:19 PM »
Troy, The tariffs are going to effect any boats made out of aluminum as well,  Tracker indicated there'er going to increase boat manufacturing costs somewhere around $ 400 dollars per boat.
On your comment about Aquanami releasing a new boat next year,  is this going to be the new Stik, or is Austin working on something different?

As far as selling my Stik, I have to come up with a reasonable price that includes all my accessories and the trailer.   The trailer is freeway ready, so all someone would have to do is come and pick it up.    I'm working on a craigs listing. 

John

My understanding from speaking to Dan this morning from Aquanami is Stik is working with Frank Rui, the original designer of the Jet Angler on a Skiff design with larger engine, but they are struggling. So, no the version being released in Feb. 2020 is not a Stik design, but rather an updated Jet angler design from Aquanami.

Dan had this to say about the new boat:

"I am sure you will like new jetAngler.

It will have much better hull, more efficient and simpler engine cooling system, better seats, fixed driving console, more dedicated storage spaces, place for coolant box and more attachment points for accessories"

No more details of what Stik is working on.  Aquanami is also working on a mini jet boat. Something about 9 feet long, but much wider (2 passenger). In design phase, so no details about that one. He is seeking feedback for design, so trying to get him to join the forum so everyone can speak to him directly.
Best,
Troy