$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; Cutting into a Mokai

Author Topic: Cutting into a Mokai  (Read 1754 times)

Offline Hersh

• Cool Points: 8
  • Engine: Subaru
  • Model Year: 2011
Cutting into a Mokai
« on: December 19, 2012, 04:30:01 PM »
 Guys what do you recommend to use to cut a hole in the engine cover?  I'm adding a vent in the engine compartment to help remove heat.  It is a 6" ID screw out hatch cover/plate.

How is your winter weather?  Right now were now going from a winter warning to a blizzard warning for tonight and tomorrow.  Up to 15" of snow with ice mixed in and winds up to 55 miles per hour with wind chills below zero. Looks like I will be ice fishing soon.  Just finished putting new rotor blades on the snow blower and it started up after the second pull. 

Hersh

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 59
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
Re: Cutting into a Mokai
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 08:00:17 PM »
Good luck with that winter weather Hersh. It's been 50-70 lately but dropping to the 30's at night. One thing I like about GA, no snow.

Cutting the hole for your vent is really simple. Use a sharpie marker to trace out the vent cutout, then drill a hole inside that area. Then you can get your jigsaw, drop the blade in the drilled hole, and make your cuts.
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline Hillbilly

• Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 35
  • Model Year: many
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 08:39:47 AM »
Like Tom said.  Drill and use Jig/Sabre saw.  Sharp med to fine wood blade is good.  Don't forget to post pics, please.

Offline Hersh

• Cool Points: 8
  • Model Year: 2011
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 01:44:01 PM »
 Guys thanks for the info.  I thought that was the way to go but it is better to have you guys confirm it. Again thanks.

Well the blizzard hit full force this morning about 6:30 a.m.  It is a complete white out outside.  Can't see the house across the street right now.  Oh and we have lighting and thunder with this storm.  They call it thundersnow and when you have that, it will drop heavy snows(several inches).  This type of snow is very wet and hard to move.

Hersh