$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; Bench test for Honda engine

Author Topic: Bench test for Honda engine  (Read 1250 times)

Offline dbsisson

• Cool Points: 0
  • Model Year: Yes
Bench test for Honda engine
« on: September 26, 2017, 08:53:03 PM »
I have an extra Honda engine that I just can't get running right. I've had someone who has done lots of engine work on his own Honda engine work on it and it seems to be a carb issue that we can't get right. What is involved in sending the motor to Mokai factory and have it bench tested a looked at there? Cost to ship, how to ship, etc. Any information would be helpful, thanks.

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 59
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
Re: Bench test for Honda engine
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 11:07:56 PM »
What exactly is it doing, or not doing? What has been done to it etc.. Might be able to point you in the right direction and get it running good again. There isn't much to those.

Mokai hasn't used the Honda engine since 2009, I doubt they would still service it but you would have to contact them to find out, this forum is in no way affiliated with Mokai the company.
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline dbsisson

• Cool Points: 0
  • Model Year: Yes
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 06:59:23 PM »
It starts, runs good for about 30 seconds then starts missing and cuts off. Almost like choke is stuck. Not o fuel issue. My buddy Chesty (I think you know him) thinks it's a carburetor issue and is reluctant to pull it apart. Plug is good. Hard to find someone who will take a look at it.

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 59
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 12:19:53 AM »
Check the fuel pump hose that runs to the crankcase. The pulse signal operates the diaphragm and any vacuum leaks could cause problems like that. You could also pull the carb fuel bowl off without taking anything else apart, spray it out good with some carb cleaner and see if that helps. Then of course the obvious, making sure the choke really is off and the arm the rod connects to isn't broken or anything. Check the wiring at the choke rod that passes through the linkage to the cockpit for the kill switch, if anything is rubbing the wrong thing it could shut the motor off too. You are always welcome to send it to me, I would be glad to get it running right again.

I remember Chesty, have dealt with him a few times, always a pleasure.  \./8
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com