$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; Stik boat kickstarter Campaign

Author Topic: Stik boat kickstarter Campaign  (Read 4365 times)

Offline CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 39
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 Head - ES
  • Model Year: 2010 (2)
Re: Stik boat kickstarter Campaign
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2018, 10:11:53 PM »

Still can't get utube videos to upload! Damn.

Anyway, here's the link on stability: https://www.facebook.com/personalfishingcraft/videos/1742565269107176/

I have to use Chrome to be able to click the YT icon, won't work with MS Edge browser.
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 55
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2018, 10:35:16 PM »

Still can't get utube videos to upload! Damn.

Anyway, here's the link on stability: https://www.facebook.com/personalfishingcraft/videos/1742565269107176/

You have to use a YouTube link without the "s" in https:// so it looks like http:// instead. You tried to use a Facebook link, but you have to goto YouTube and grab the link from there.
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline Mokai Dreamin'

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 12
  • Engine: Kohler
  • Model Year: 2019 ES-Kape 2.0
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2018, 10:43:20 PM »
Okay, let's try this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKV4vp4fcd0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKV4vp4fcd0</a>

Best,
Troy

Offline Mokai Dreamin'

• Mokai Hero Member
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2018, 10:48:48 PM »
Tom:

Please feel free to edit this mess! Sorry for all the posts going nowhere.

Best,
Troy

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
    • Painless Products
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2018, 10:49:06 PM »
You did it right, shows up fine. If it doesn't on your pc then there is a problem with your browser.
Tom

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline mokamo

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 9
  • Engine: GC190
  • Model Year: 2006
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2018, 08:52:15 AM »
This boat is too fast that having another layer of thick plastic glued on the bottom hull would be ok. Small decrease in speed will be ok. I think its a fun toy but 25 mph hitting a sunken rock or log will ruin your day. Manufacturer should have that kind of option where you can easily add a full skid plate..and that might allow owners to fearlessly use this on calm rivers.

Offline Mokai Dreamin'

• Mokai Hero Member
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2018, 02:42:35 PM »
While a skid plate sounds nice, realistically I don't think we're going to see any improvements from the manufacturer on this boat as they've discontinued it in favor of a newer design. The best that owners can hope for at this point is that they will supply parts for years to come.

The kick starter campaign raised necessary capital for Stik to introduce a new boat to the market, and clearly there is a need for this kind of boat. They have thousands of people waiting for them! Hopefully the new design will be a hit. I'm told it's going to be more of a micro skiff than a kayak. Something along the lines of a 4 foot wide beam, so more deck room, and a tad longer (maybe 13 feet). I'm speculating based on a conversation I had with them. They're in the prototype phase so anything can change. The boat will also have a slightly larger engine, perhaps 25 HP or so. Again, I'm speculating. As far as I know they're going to continue with the same fiberglass hull.

The one nice thing about an EPS, foam filled boat is you're not going to sink it before you get back to shore. Fiberglass tends to create a spider web when  hit really hard, as opposed to knocking a hole in it as well. More than likely the damage can be repaired, which is another great thing about fiberglass. Not saying that's better than a skid plate, it's not, but I don't think people need to worry about sinking the boat either.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 02:44:34 PM by Mokai Dreamin' »
Best,
Troy

Offline niteshft

• Cool Points: 2
  • Engine: honda GC190
  • Model Year: 2007
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2019, 05:26:47 AM »
Hello folks:

Let me first say I'm not in any way associated with Stik boats, and not receiving any compensation for my post.

I've owned the Stik boat for the last couple of years, and it's been interesting watching the company grow from scratch. They've had some ups and downs, but seem committed to making this boat better.

For somebody looking for an alternative to a Mokai, this may very well be it. It's hard to compare the two as they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Anyway, here's an opportunity to get one at a reduced price via the kick starter campaign.

If nothing else take a look at the video;  it's intriguing to see what they're doing and view some video of the boat in action.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stikboats/stik-boat-the-one-and-only-personal-fishing-craft?ref=334123&token=31e082cd

I also have a video up on YouTube showing what the boat can do at full throttle. I was able to get it up to about 25 miles an hour. I have no doubts the claim of 27 miles an hour would be possible if you're somewhere around 160 pounds.

Enjoy!

Troy

I was in the process of ordering a Stik but the order was delayed while they were looking for a way to ship to me in Maine. I contacted them for dimensions so I could try to help find a shipper on my end. They sent me a copy of a tech sheet that said Aquanami,LLC China on the bottom. I did a search and there it was, JetAngler Kayak. I contacted them and here was their reply.

Hello Robert,

We are the producer of Stik Boats. They placed order for nice quantity of the JetAngler and they changed stickers and driver seat, (sourced locally)
  We supply JetAngler with two soft seats.
  So, Stik Boats is not copy, but original with some changed details.
  I would rather not comment their marketing, especially Kick Starter campaign...

Best regards,
XXX

Of course I cancelled my order. I would still like to have one, I just can't get myself past the deception.

Offline Colter84

• Cool Points: 4
  • Engine: EX21 W/EX17 Head
  • Model Year: 2011
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2019, 01:28:22 PM »
Robert,

Just curous, what was the to your door cost on the Stik going to be? I got a quote of $5,290 delivered to my door straight from Aquanami about a month ago.

Offline niteshft

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2019, 02:58:15 PM »
I only emailed them for an order today so I'm expecting to hear from them by tomorrow. Unlike Stik, they respond very quickly. I requested delivery to a port in Portland, Me and I'll pick it up from there, it's only a couple hours drive. I expect the cost to be around $5100 so you aren't far off. Stik was charging $5000 for the boat and a 8.5% tax. That's nuts, I don't live in Texas so why should I pay tax? The first bid from Uship was $3000 from Texas to Maine...again, that's crazy. Aquanami charges $4700 for the boat and claims it's $400 to ship to any port.
  Are you going ahead with the purchase? $5290 to your door sounds reasonable and I would do it if Portland wasn't so close.

Offline Colter84

• Cool Points: 4
  • Engine: EX21 W/EX17 Head
  • Model Year: 2011
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2019, 07:47:51 AM »
Yea that sounds about right from what I've researched. The 3,000 bid is crazy! haha. I ended up finding a  great deal on a Mokai a few hours away, so I did not go ahead and get the Aquanami. If I end up getting a 2nd boat, it would probably the Aquanami  just so I could have two different platforms.

Offline niteshft

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2019, 04:14:11 PM »
@Colter84 I just got the invoice from them and it came out to $5240 to my door...not bad. I don't know if you got an invoice or just a price but on the invoice it says it coming from Karlovac, Croatia! The also asked me to give them a 1st and 2nd choice of color just in case they don't have the one I want in stock. I was also asked for my Phone # for the delivery driver in case he needs to contact me. I'm feeling a bit more comfortable about jumping on purchasing. I forwarded the invoice to the bank to finalize the partial loan.

Offline Mokai Dreamin'

• Mokai Hero Member
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2019, 05:15:10 PM »
@Colter84 I just got the invoice from them and it came out to $5240 to my door...not bad. I don't know if you got an invoice or just a price but on the invoice it says it coming from Karlovac, Croatia! The also asked me to give them a 1st and 2nd choice of color just in case they don't have the one I want in stock. I was also asked for my Phone # for the delivery driver in case he needs to contact me. I'm feeling a bit more comfortable about jumping on purchasing. I forwarded the invoice to the bank to finalize the partial loan.
For what it's worth, you may want to confirm that you are in fact getting the upgraded boat with the components Stik adds. I think a stainless steel heat exchanger was one of them, new carburetor and fuel pump was a second, and there were some other upgrades too. The earlier models had problems, and the current model has some issues too, which is why I sold mine. I can appreciate the grass looks greener on the other side at times, but take it from somebody who's already visited, it's not the holy Grail of boats. Careful.

Who's going to service when it breaks btw? Is Stik willing to sells parts? Better find out.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 05:19:03 PM by Mokai Dreamin' »
Best,
Troy

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
    • Painless Products
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2019, 05:31:54 PM »
Yup, what he said ^^

Some old sayings come to mind. You get what you pay for, and you don't always get what you pay for... LOL But what you get, is what you paid for!!!  :D

Tom

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline niteshft

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2019, 10:51:32 AM »
For what it's worth, you may want to confirm that you are in fact getting the upgraded boat with the components Stik adds. I think a stainless steel heat exchanger was one of them, new carburetor and fuel pump was a second, and there were some other upgrades too. The earlier models had problems, and the current model has some issues too, which is why I sold mine. I can appreciate the grass looks greener on the other side at times, but take it from somebody who's already visited, it's not the holy Grail of boats. Careful.

Who's going to service when it breaks btw? Is Stik willing to sells parts? Better find out.

I'm not purchasing from Stik but rather from the manufacturer. I don't believe for a moment that Stik does any of those upgrades, especially after the erroneous claims made by Stik such as, t
"The name Stik evolved from their decision to use a joystick for control." This was done by Aquanami with their JetAngler which is exactly what Stik purchases and swaps out the JetAngler decal for their Stik Boat decal. I don't believe they would go to the extreme of replacing parts in what they purchase and still ask the price they do. Stik making recommendations to Aquanami and accepted is more likely.

Aquanami said they are actively looking into placing a distribution facility located in the central US and will be able to provide parts. They told me this when I explained I was interested in purchasing a second boat in the spring of next year and inquired about the cost of a separate drive unit as a quick swap-out should anything happen, in order to minimize down time. The swapped out part would then be repaired and used as a stand-by. I would likely do this even with a centrally located distribution facility.