$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; Mokai Seats

Author Topic: Mokai Seats  (Read 9636 times)

Online CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 43
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 Head - ES
  • Model Year: 2010 (2)
Re: Mokai Seats
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2018, 10:33:50 PM »
Great idea! Simple and light weight too. Probably gives you another 6-8 inches of rise?
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline The Man

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2018, 10:43:54 PM »
Sometimes I sit on the top of the boat. I thought about cutting a board to lay down in the bottom of the boat, and leaving the seat out. I think it would make it easier to stand up.

Online CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2018, 11:00:06 PM »
I havenít attempted to stand up yet, but am getting closer to getting a seat and ideas about raising it, Iíll keep you posted once I achieve my goal. 👍🏻
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline The Man

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2018, 11:17:22 PM »
Here's an idea. 💡

Online CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2018, 11:27:31 PM »
Very ingenious, bet they wouldnít have trouble spotting trout. I like the X-Wing too.
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 59
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2018, 12:09:14 AM »
I had the same kayak and X-wing console before I got a Mokai. Had a trolling motor conversion on it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCWy2JIFMlg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCWy2JIFMlg</a>
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com

Online CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2018, 10:01:18 AM »
Nice ride! I was thinking of getting the X-wing but probably couldnít see over it.
I think weíre all glad the Mokai caught your eye. Lol
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
    • Painless Products
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2018, 08:50:14 PM »
After my first ride in the Mokai, the Malibu went up for sale. lol I'm glad it caught my eye too!!  :)
Tom

www.PainlessClutch.com

Online CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2018, 10:38:56 PM »
I'm usually in mine for at least 5 to 6 hours at a time. I would get something as comfortable as possible. I found a matching pair of new seats on CL of $150.00

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_duV2YLdfA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_duV2YLdfA</a>

What are the dimensions of the piece of wood attached to the bottom of the seat, type of wood? Also 1/2 in, 3/4 in?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 10:41:54 PM by CC-Coder »
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
    • Painless Products
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2018, 10:51:07 PM »
I did all the work on that boat Chuck. The wood was cut to fit the bottom of the seat and also fit between the flotation tank and hull cross brace, with tabs that went under that brace to hold it down. I lost a hard drive last year so don't have the "during" pictures of that process, maybe Shawn will take some for you to study. It was made from 1x6 and screwed together if I remember correctly, then water sealed.
Tom

www.PainlessClutch.com

Online CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2018, 11:58:12 PM »
I did all the work on that boat Chuck. The wood was cut to fit the bottom of the seat and also fit between the flotation tank and hull cross brace, with tabs that went under that brace to hold it down. I lost a hard drive last year so don't have the "during" pictures of that process, maybe Shawn will take some for you to study. It was made from 1x6 and screwed together if I remember correctly, then water sealed.

Thanks Tom, that's probably enough info for now. So the wood shouldn't rest on top of the haul brace but fit between the brace and flotation tank. On one or all of your boats, you attached the seat to the floatation? No way to remove the seat except by removing nuts from inside the storage hatch?
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
    • Painless Products
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2018, 08:41:07 AM »
My 2003 used to have the foam behind the seat, so I made that one with tabs that slid under the foam and metal straps in front that were bent so they came down in front of the hull brace and slide under it front the front. My 2011 I did bolt to the storage tank, I was lazy and wanted the seat in, has been working great that way for years and I've just left it like that.
Tom

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline Californiamokai

• Cool Points: 8
  • Engine: RS SP-210 w/17 ES
  • Model Year: 2006
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2018, 02:09:18 PM »
Another approach that built upon Tomís original approach was to move foam block forward by about 9Ē which shifted center of gravity toward bow.  This then provides a seat on top of foam that does not stress top of Mokai between engine and cockpit.  Overall, wanted elevated seat for flycasting and makes it much easier to then fully stand to reach casting brace located at front of cockpit while anchored or drifting.

Removed one half of the original Mokai seat and secured it on top of foam block for a more comfortable seat which adds an additional 4íí or so of elevation. Next, completely  removed back support of very comforatable bass seat. Secondly, modified front of foam block to a more reclining angle.  In addition, added angles to bass seat that now slide underneath the foam block. Next, added pvc tubing at front and under the seat to keep level and keeps lower seat secure in place for now butts up against hull brace and foam block.  After shaving the front of the foam to an angle more comfortable for back, I additionally added small air cushion for more comfort.

This approach allows you to seamlessly slide up and down between both seats as needed. While on top seat, your merely rest you feet upon the lower seat while positioning and pressing legs against side of cockpit which adds to your sense of stability from this upper seat. Stood the test of time for me.  Incl Pics to follow, exceeded limit, sent to Tom to upload  as further explanation.  Tight lines, John

Online CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2018, 05:30:52 PM »
John,
Thank you for another great post. \./8
I may use a few of your ideas along with mine. Iím almost at the point of putting mine together. Just need to find the time. No real hurry because we just got another 8 inches of snow. ❄️
Also adding the new intercooler and water cooled muffler I just received back from Tom.
Check back in a few weeks, should have my new seat installed by then. Many may laugh, but Iíll be sitting pretty when iím Out on the water. Lol
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Larry

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 23
  • Engine: Honda GC190
  • Model Year: 2007/2007
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2018, 06:21:19 PM »
Can't wait to see some pictures Chuck.