$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; WTT this generator and Honda eng for EX21

Author Topic: WTT this generator and Honda eng for EX21  (Read 1514 times)

Offline chevy2

• Cool Points: 0
  • Engine: honda
  • Model Year: 2004
WTT this generator and Honda eng for EX21
« on: January 29, 2017, 04:21:36 PM »
Would like to have new or lightly used electric start EX21 ready to install in my 03 Mokai.
In order to save out pocket money, I would like to trade this like new generator (27 hrs runs perfect) and my 6 hp Honda that is in the Mokai.
Bought gen new 4 years ago for $1100, the Honda engine currently in the Mokai runs good, but is hard to start when it is hot.

I'm a newbie with the Mokai, let me know if this is reasonable, all input is welcome.

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 55
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
Re: WTT this generator and Honda eng for EX21
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 07:45:17 PM »
Would recommend selling the Gen and putting the money toward the conversion. The Honda motor isn't really worth anything, it's hard to give them away.

Converting to the Electric Start EX21 is in the ball park of around $1300. That is plug and play for the most part. You would send the Mokai specific parts from the Honda that I would adapt to the Subaru. Wiring harness, battery, connectors etc.. all ready to go. Exhaust and Hood modifications. Mounting feet installed and adjusted, all linkage converted. Pump rebuilt and shaft converted to spline. Clutch would be extra. You would have to mount the battery and ignition switch, the rest would already be done.

So whenever you're ready, you know what to expect.  \./8
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com

Offline chevy2

• Cool Points: 0
  • Engine: honda
  • Model Year: 2004
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 05:12:13 PM »
Good thing is you rebuilt the pump for me this summer and I already have the key switch installed and wired. So that should help offset the cost some. I hope to sell the generator soon so I won't need to buy parts individually as funds allow. Non the less I will be in contact before spring.
Thanks to you Tom and all who contribute to this site, I've already learned a great deal. 

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 55
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 07:11:07 PM »
If you aren't getting a clutch, then you won't need to deal with converting to spline just yet. Doing all the wiring / battery stuff yourself would knock off $160.

Glad to help, and will be ready to get you set up whenever you're ready.  :)
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com