$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; directional control rod (from servo)

Author Topic: directional control rod (from servo)  (Read 4264 times)

Offline CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 44
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 Head - ES
  • Model Year: 2010 (2)
Re: directional control rod (from servo)
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2018, 06:17:43 PM »
We have done a few 20 mile trips this summer at full throttle without any issues. (Subaru's)
One Mokai has an inter-cooler with Tom's exhaust, the other Mokai runs without the inter-cooler, but with Tom's exhaust. The exhaust on the Mokai w/o the inter-cooler was definitely hotter, but both ran great.
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline mokamo

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 9
  • Engine: GC190
  • Model Year: 2006
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2018, 07:05:57 AM »
good to know these positive and negative feedback after adding Toms products. So far no negative feedback yet.

Offline CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2018, 10:42:00 AM »
good to know these positive and negative feedback after adding Toms products. So far no negative feedback yet.

All positive here. Glad I bought mine off Craigslist and had Tom make them reliable. Iíve never had to deal with faulty parts like plastic wear rings or servoís and very happy about it. Doubt if a stock Mokai would perform as well as my 20 mile trips and Tomís latest 32 miles. Probably why so many Mokaiís for sale have less than 10-20 hours on them. Now it is a boat, so I will have some issues down the river. Lol But with customer service like Tomís and the knowledge gained from this forumís members, Iím literally a very happy camper, as seen in my videos. 👍🏻
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 10:43:48 AM by CC-Coder »
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline mokamo

• Mokai Hero Member
  • Cool Points: 9
  • Engine: GC190
  • Model Year: 2006
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2018, 12:15:53 PM »
It is really sad that you already know you will have to spend more money after spending 6000.00 to fully enjoy the boat and make it painless. So sometimes you will start thinking to just get a scratched used Mokai and get all Toms upgrade.

Offline CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2018, 01:20:35 PM »
Exactly. Some have had nothing but a pleasant experience with Mokai, but I don't see how. As in most things, I'd rather spend my money towards getting it right the first time. One sand bar...new wear ring. One splash...new servo. And those are the replaceable parts.

After the gentleman from the UK got his pumps stolen out of his garage, I make sure to lock mine in my vehicle, house or somewhere secure. At $1500 each, would probably have to buy another used Mokai to replace. (Times 2 too. Lol) Probably be difficult getting one from Mokai. Plus I'd have to get it rebuilt along with a new wear ring.
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️