$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; New Owner Questions

Author Topic: New Owner Questions  (Read 1449 times)

Offline MnM

• Cool Points: 3
  • Engine: EX21
  • Model Year: 2010
New Owner Questions
« on: August 10, 2016, 07:13:29 AM »
I just bought a used 2010 Mokai.  I don't have a manual (yet) so I've been sorting things out via this site and by asking Tom questions (thanks again Tom!).

My question today is, how does one use the factory supplied grease applicator?  I have the applicator tool and a tube of grease and a general idea of what needs greasing, but how it all works together is not obvious to me.  When I bought the boat there was grease sprayed/splattered throughout the engine compartment, mostly behind the engine, but a bit everywhere, and I think I'd want to avoid having to clean that up again if I could!

I do plan to order Tom's grease kit.

Thanks.

ps:  I've yet to actually get the boat in the water, so far cleaned the boat, carb, changed spark plug, registration, etc. - shooting for this weekend to hit the water.

Offline Painlesstom

• Painless Tom
  • Administrator
  • Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 59
  • Making Your Mokai... A Better Mokai!
    • Painless Products
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 head - ES
  • Model Year: 2003 / 2011 / 2015
Re: New Owner Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 07:37:47 AM »
Congrats again on the 2010. The grease applicator is used by taking the engine and pump out of the boat first. Then you insert the end of the applicator into the hull bearing from inside the engine compartment. Pump the plunger until grease starts coming back out and your done. You are going to see grease slung everywhere when maintained properly, my remote grease hull bearing is no different, you just won't have to take anything apart to grease the bearing anymore. I've seen some people make a sleeve that extends past the front of the bearing, and helped to catch the mess. You'd still have to clean that out occasionally, but it could help prevent the mess on the sides of the hull walls.
Tom

>:D    

www.PainlessClutch.com