$txt['youtube'] = 'YouTube'; $txt['youtube_invalid'] = '#Invalid YouTube Link#'; fuel bladder and kayak seat

Author Topic: fuel bladder and kayak seat  (Read 2036 times)

Offline avago

• Cool Points: 11
  • Engine: honda gc190,2015.
  • Model Year: vmkh1302h202
fuel bladder and kayak seat
« on: June 25, 2016, 12:47:57 AM »
After trying many seating systems i have sliced up some closed cell foam and put a peice either side of cockpit ontop of which i put piece of 7 mill ply onto which i can set the kayak seat by using the foam it works as shock absorber when hitting rocks etc,leaving hull still able to move on impact and hopefully avoid any splits or cracks also spreads my weight over greater surface area.
Able to adjust seat easily by adding 4 inch foam cushion for shallow river running still with back support and easy to remove and store under set when not needed,very comfortable for trolling and cruising.
The covertex 15 litre fuel bladder which shall fit nicely in front of foot support will allow me to stow gear and or lay my fish cooly bag over it or easily stow windscreen and spray skirt while still giving me max hull performance.
Shall post pics after it arrives.
I also stated i would build higher compression piston and lighten an balance conrod,and also increase cam duration, after running the 2015 gc190 motor now know that intake fan on this motor far superior to the old one. Decided to import another GC190 and rebuild that for better performance while still hopefully being just as reliable, this will happen over the next year.
                           Regards Avago

Offline Hillbilly

• Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 35
  • Engine: Subaru
  • Model Year: many
Re: fuel bladder and kayak seat
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 08:08:18 AM »
All interesting stuff.  Looking forward to pictures and performance of the 190.  Thanks.

Offline CC-Coder

• Mokai Maniac Member
  • Cool Points: 39
  • Engine: EX21 w/17 Head - ES
  • Model Year: 2010 (2)
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 07:50:28 PM »
After trying many seating systems i have sliced up some closed cell foam and put a peice either side of cockpit ontop of which i put piece of 7 mill ply onto which i can set the kayak seat by using the foam it works as shock absorber when hitting rocks etc,leaving hull still able to move on impact and hopefully avoid any splits or cracks also spreads my weight over greater surface area.
Able to adjust seat easily by adding 4 inch foam cushion for shallow river running still with back support and easy to remove and store under set when not needed,very comfortable for trolling and cruising.
The covertex 15 litre fuel bladder which shall fit nicely in front of foot support will allow me to stow gear and or lay my fish cooly bag over it or easily stow windscreen and spray skirt while still giving me max hull performance.
Shall post pics after it arrives.
I also stated i would build higher compression piston and lighten an balance conrod,and also increase cam duration, after running the 2015 gc190 motor now know that intake fan on this motor far superior to the old one. Decided to import another GC190 and rebuild that for better performance while still hopefully being just as reliable, this will happen over the next year.
                           Regards Avago

Hello Avago,
    I would be interested to see your seat per this June '16 tread. Did you ever receive it or make it?

Thanks, Chuck
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 07:53:14 PM by CC-Coder »
🤦🏼‍♂️ Chuck 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline rdper1

• Cool Points: 2
  • Engine: Honda GC190
  • Model Year: 2003
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 04:38:17 PM »
Hi Avago.Did you import the Honda engine.I'm going to update mine and would appreciate any info.
Cheers
Rob